Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TPC Sports???

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

did

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC
    Geez, they have space available for trip in '08 that include a few Zion canyons.

As well, if they guide on any public land in Utah, they need a permit. Wonder if they have one for the area's outside of Zion? Bet not. BLM land, methinks?

Someone oughta send the BLM office for those areas a head's up.

Ugh...

-Brian in SLC
    Did.

(Part of keeping the Empire functioning smoothly).

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    From reading the website I get the impression that the client is asked to pick up the permit
    If any guiding service asked me to pick up any necessary permits that would raise red flags as to how 'professional' they are. Not that I would use any guiding service for canyoneering in Utah given what they currently charge.

you know dang well these guys don't have insurance, and most insurance companies I know of have an out if you were in the process of breaking the law.
    This is probably why their rates are so low compared to other guiding services around.
    Without insurance, permits and training, professional guiding would be considerably less expensive. Then again, it would not be professional.

Tom

Re: did

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Part of keeping the Empire functioning smoothly.

From reading the website I get the impression that the client is asked to pick up the permit
    If any guiding service asked me to pick up any necessary permits that would raise red flags as to how 'professional' they are. Not that I would use any guiding service for canyoneering in Utah given what they currently charge.

you know dang well these guys don't have insurance, and most insurance companies I know of have an out if you were in the process of breaking the law.
    This is probably why their rates are so low compared to other guiding services around.
    Without insurance, permits and training, professional guiding would be considerably less expensive. Then again, it would not be professional.

Tom
    I hope I did not give the impression that I have a low opinion of guiding companies. I don't. I think it would a good thing to have a professional guide along in a slot canyon. I could learn a lot from them. The only thing for me is I can't afford to pay $250 - $350 for a trip. So I do what is most cost effective for me. That is getting route information from Tom's site, Shane's site, and whatever other resources I can find. It is also better if people who know more than me come with.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Quote Originally Posted by the canyonator
    what is is a "serious prodigy?"
    A serious serious prodigy is someone who can turn Mystery into a X rated canyon...

Capitalism at work

I hope I did not give the impression that I have a low opinion of guiding companies. I don't. I think it would a good thing to have a professional guide along in a slot canyon. I could learn a lot from them. The only thing for me is I can't afford to pay $250 - $350 for a trip. So I do what is most cost effective for me. That is getting route information from Tom's site, Shane's site, and whatever other resources I can find. It is also better if people who know more than me come with.
    No offense taken. Different strokes for different folks. Capitalism at work.

(And it's $ 149.00 per person (on a 2-person trip) per day for the Canyon Adventure Day).

http://zionadventures.com/canyon%5Fa...%5Fday770.html

Tom

Re: Capitalism at work

No offense taken. Different strokes for different folks. Capitalism at work.
    Tom
    Amen Tom,
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"