Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 is almost here, what does everyone have planned?

08 is almost here, what does everyone have planned?

Just curious....
    Besides bagging some more peaks, I want to hike the narrows...

when is the best time to go? We were thinking putting in for "Mid Juneish or so"
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The big thing about 2008 is the plan to move into a condo we own, no longer living full time in a motor home. I prefer the RV and more traveling, but can't complain about my wife's desire to live in the condo, as she was good enough to accommodate my preference for six years. We will still travel, just not as much. We can't move in until June when the current lease expires. In the meantime, we shop for all new furniture since we sold everything in 2002.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Ice climbing in the early part of the year. I have a long list of caves and canyons I want to do. We'll probably do more kid friendly ones this year, like last year, since my nephew is old enough to start enjoying those more.

Also want to do the 4 day hand gun course at Front Sight (last time I only did the 2 day).

That's about it

I plan to eat more, drink more and party harder.

And I plan to go ice climbing with Jumar in the early part of the year (hint-hint).

Appears that a move to Seattle is in my very near future. Will find out for sure this Thursday.

I'll be buying some rain gear.

Ride my bike a heeluvalot, go hiking, do a canyon or two, get my concealed permit, big mexican riviera cruise in april, trade in jeep for another jeep, work my a$$ off to pay for all this stuff...eat,sleep...maybe

Have a fly rod built for me and start learning that side of fishing a little better. I'll probably be out on the ice a bit at the first of the year. I plan on visiting many lakes and streams that I've never fished like Flaming Gorge, Fish Lake, Boulder Mtn, and some Uinta Lakes for my first Golden Trout.

I've got to get back to Goblin Valley next year with my wife and boy. The last time we went, he was still in the womb. He's all over the place now, so he'll have a blast in the first little valley.

I'd like to get my Concealed Carry Permit, as well.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Stay out of Jail/Prison
    Life's to short to short to spend indoors

Quote Originally Posted by vamedtech
    Stay out of Jail/Prison
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Ride my bike a heeluvalot, go hiking, do a canyon or two, get my concealed permit, big mexican riviera cruise in april, trade in jeep for another jeep, work my a$$ off to pay for all this stuff...eat,sleep...maybe
    Flaming Gorge is world class fishing for sure. I dont fish but it'd be easy to find someone who has to get the scoop on the hot locations.
    My wife, who sells licenses, said that if you have a utah fishing license, you need to get the wyoming reciprocal stamp...it's good for a calendar year and it's $10...that way you can fish both sides of the lake.
    ...As for the concealed permit, I just talked to my buddy in the sheriffs' office...he's just waiting for me to show up

Flaming Gorge is world class fishing for sure. I dont fish but it'd be easy to find someone who has to get the scoop on the hot locations.
    My wife, who sells licenses, said that if you have a utah fishing license, you need to get the wyoming reciprocal stamp...it's good for a calendar year and it's $10...that way you can fish both sides of the lake.
    ...As for the concealed permit, I just talked to my buddy in the sheriffs' office...he's just waiting for me to show up
    that's funny, I just scooped my own post

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I plan to eat more, drink more and party harder.

And I plan to go ice climbing with Jumar in the early part of the year (hint-hint).

I haven't forgotten ya

First for 2008,
    -Sit back and relax in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands (Jan 26th)
    -2008- Time to procreate.
    -Do everthing I won't be able to do in 09 beacause of the above.
    -Ride my road bike a ton in the spring.
    -Mtn bike my balls off
    -Buy a pop up trailer for some good ol camping.
    -Go backpacking / biking in Argentina for 3 weeks (Sept)

Thats a very short list of the plans, which some are already booked!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

that's funny, I just scooped my own post
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    First for 2008,
    -Sit back and relax in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands (Jan 26th)
    -2008- Time to procreate.
    -Do everthing I won't be able to do in 09 beacause of the above.
    -Ride my road bike a ton in the spring.
    -Mtn bike my balls off
    -Buy a pop up trailer for some good ol camping.
    -Go backpacking / biking in Argentina for 3 weeks (Sept)

Thats a very short list of the plans, which some are already booked!!!

Sooooooo.....live2ride - you forgot to mention what you're gonna do with that $250 bucks.

I hate tom brady....
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I picked up my concealed carry weapon of choice this weekend, so I suppose the next reasonable move would be to get my concealed carry permit. Gonna be making a lot more road trips this year since I'm now seeing a girl in Phoenix. I was holding out for one of the lovely ladies here, but they all seem to be preoccupied with other guys. Aside from that? Invest my newfound income, get my food storage in place, keep hitting the gym, and continue my search for Planet X.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    08 is almost here, what does everyone have planned?

$250.00 for winning the FF? or do I get money for 2nd 3rd etc? I wouldn't say that I am a shoe in winner I could have a good chance to take 4th still. However, if I was to win I would spend the money on some new sunglasses, some new gym clothes? I know it isn't anything like Ice would say "strippers and shots" we will just have to see if I make it.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Re: 08 is almost here, what does everyone have planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Just curious....
    Besides bagging some more peaks, I want to hike the narrows...

when is the best time to go? We were thinking putting in for "Mid Juneish or so"
    I don't know, but I'd like to find out and do that hike as well.

My plans that are already laid for 08 are:

Jan. 1st - the black hole with the rest of the FF nuts.

Mid Jan. a 25 mile backpack through the forest to the sea...Northern Calif.

Feb. A week in Death Valley doing canyons...

Feb. This might dig into the DV plans ~ A flight to florida to watch a canyoneering aquaintance take off for his first mission in space. He's the flight Engineer for mission sts-123 aboard the space shuttle Endeavor.

~Sometime between Jan & March I want to take an ice climbing class. I've always wanted to try it, and there are a couple of guide services that work out of Lee Vining here in Calif. It's about 5 hours drive from here, and all I need is a weekend, some good ice and hopefully a partner!

My biggest plans for 08 are a three week trip to France in August! One week of this trip (at least) will be spent at the speleo/canyoneering expo in the Vercors! I've been there once before (for caving) and the area is spectacular! Plus I love French men...they're beautiful!!!

Other summer plans include continued exploration and descent of water canyons in the Sierras. Hopefully more caving and climbing this year too.

And the rest will be the usual...hiking ,canyoneering, & backpacking wherever & whenever I can.

I'm pretty excited about Christmas and Freeze Fest! Right around the corner ~ Yipee!!!! I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing some of you there!

~Happy Christmas everyone!

~Randi
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

I'm thinking about doing a few more epic one-day hikes this year. I'd like to hit all of the following before summer is in full-swing: