Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teacher may die because of a teddy bear's name

Teacher may die because of a teddy bear's name

You may have heard of this story this week:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314111,00.html

A 2nd grade teacher in Sudan let her students pick a name for a teddy bear. They chose the name Muhammad, after a student in their class.

This may come as a shock to you all, but thousands of members of the "Religion of Peace", or Islam, are outraged. She was originally sentenced to 40 lashings, but instead served 15 days in prison.

Now, the peace luvin' folk are calling for her execution.

Shouldn't they be killing those darn little kids for choosing the name? I mean, c'mon. They're the ones with the heart of pure evil, not her.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I hate to say it, she should have known better. You cannot feel sorry for her being a moron and allowing that to happen; you're not in Wonderland Dorthy. You have to respect the culture whenever you're on foreign soil.

So why don't they just kill the parents of that kid with the same name? Seems perfectly logical to me.

Death mongers. :mad:
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH
    So why don't they just kill the parents of that kid with the same name?
    Because the kid is not an animal.

Re: Teacher may die because of a teddy bear's name

In her first remarks since being detained, Gibbons appealed for tolerance Friday in a conversation with her son.

Her son, John, said she appeared to be in good spirits during a telephone call on Friday.

"One of the things my mum said today was that 'I don't want any resentment towards Muslim people,"' John Gibbons told The Associated Press.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    This may come as a shock to you all, but thousands of members of the "Religion of Peace", or Islam, are outraged. She was originally sentenced to 40 lashings, but instead served 15 days in prison.

Now, the peace luvin' folk are calling for her execution.

Good job Beech! Sounds like you and your friendly friends at Fox & Friends are really doing a good job of listening to the teacher's appeal of tolerence toward Muslims.

That's why I love America because I can name my teddy bear "F*ck Jesus in the A** and Clean It Up With the Bible" and nobody gets mad at me, Hell it's not even a crime

James

Re: Teacher may die because of a teddy bear's name

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    That's why I love America because I can name my teddy bear "F*ck Jesus in the A** and Clean It Up With the Bible" and nobody gets mad at me, Hell it's not even a crime

James
    I suppose you'd want to make that a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I hate to say it, she should have known better.
    Tru dat, but you have to consider the possibility that it would be honoring Muhammad (either the Deity OR the child) by naming a class teddy bear.

So, it's illegal. That's fine, but it's like the hispanic community naming their kids Jesus.

This is one of the main differences between Christianity and Islam. People say that extreme Christianity is just as dangerous? When was the last time somebody died at the hands of an extreme christian GROUP, doing it in the name of religion?

Sure, people are murdered everyday, but just because their parents had them baptized in the Catholic church doesn't mean they killed in the name of Christianity.

but it's like the hispanic community naming their kids Jesus.

This is one of the main differences between Christianity and Islam. People say that extreme Christianity is just as dangerous?
    It's OK for them to name their kids Mo-Mo, just like it's OK for Hispanics to call their kids Jesus. The differences is; in Christianity you can name an animal Jesus, but get killed in the Islam community for naming an animal Mo-Mo

I want to know what she was doing in the Sudan in the first place. That place is f'ed up.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

And she catches a free pass

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    I want to know what she was doing in the Sudan in the first place. That place is f'ed up.
    I hear ya. That's punishment enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    I hear ya. That's punishment enough.
    It's never punishment if you choose it I'm sure she's one of these "save everybody" kind of people and she's there to be a savior in her own mind

It's never punishment if you choose it I'm sure she's one of these "save everybody" kind of people and she's there to be a savior in her own mind
    Wow. Ridiculing those who actually want to make a difference. Nicely put JP.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Wow. Ridiculing those who actually want to make a difference. Nicely put JP.
    Sarcasm, you know this moron personally? Not that I really give two $hits about what you think, but you seemed intrigued when I have something to say. Back to Miss Savior, you'd figure a teacher heading over there to teach would know that naming an animal after their God is a no-no.

Sarcasm, you know this moron personally? Not that I really give two $hits about what you think, but you seemed intrigued when I have something to say. Back to Miss Savior, you'd figure a teacher heading over there to teach would know that naming an animal after their God is a no-no.
    Wow, JP, relax buddy. Take a deep breath, take a step back for second. There, feel better?

I am intrigued. I just wonder why the lack of compassion, that's all.

Christian Crackers? Unfamiliar with the term... What does it mean?

you bot' anti islam white folk. Do I need to get Al Sharpton all up in here?

you bot' anti islam white folk.
    Hate to let you down 'Beech, but I don't recall being anti-Islam, nor do I have a recollection of being Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Wow, JP, relax buddy. Take a deep breath, take a step back for second. There, feel better?

I am intrigued. I just wonder why the lack of compassion, that's all.
    Anymore relaxed, I'd be sleeping. I'm not a very compassionate person when it comes to morons.

Do I need to get Al Sharpton all up in here?
    Anti-Islam doesn't seem like a bad thing Good ole Al is a lot closer to me, I wish we could ship him out west