Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Hotel Secrets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That is pretty bad, I used to stay in Hotels 3-4 nights a week every week and I saw afew things that were pretty gross. I never used to glasses in the room and always asked for new towels when I arrived. Nice find, Hotels are gross.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Oh.... I could tell you some really nasty hotel stories.....

My all time favorite.... I know a maid who cleans the coffee pot with the toliet brush if you leave a big ass mess in the room for her to clean up and you are staying anther night....

YUCK!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I stay in Hotels frequently. I always carry my own pillow and discard the bedspread upon arrival. I usually take my own bottle of water to drink and always, ALWAYS leave a tip for the maid. I figure it can't hurt to try to be on their good side.

What did you all think
    Did you ever notice that they take your sheets to wash, but never touch that comforter I don't need to mention anymore

Disgusting.

I've heard the REMOTE CONTROL is absolutely infested.

Here's the youtube vid

K. So I tried a test this morning in Vegas. I tried to think of something that I could mark the glass with and I could not come up with much. I ended up smearing some chapstick on the bottom of one glass and placing the glass on a hand towel. Pretty lame I know. Anyway, when I came back the glass did not have remnants of chapstick. The new glass had some spots, could be due to a dishwasher? Who knows? What could I mark a glass with?

Bogley BigShot
    ha ha.. let us know!

What CHEAP raggy looking towels Balley's has!!!!

In my hotel we just have individual wrapped cups and the coffee pot is the type maids cannot use the toilet brush on... you just put the disposable cup beneath it and it drains into the cup.

Not sure what to do with the TV remote, but germs like that would be everywhere.

Yeah... blankets and comforters only get washed if they are stained. What a nightmare it would be for laundry otherwise and they would get tore up so fast. Some hotels are double sheeting the blankets though and that makes some people happy to have a sheet on both sides of the blanket.

All I really need to say is Ice and his traveling circus might have stayed in that room before you..... need I say more?

I personally stay over 100 nights a year in Motels. Mostly Best Westerns and super Eights. Some are pretty nice and some are pretty Gross. So far I seem to have avoided most of those germs.

Only 19 days till Christmas
    See you on the Trail

I just want to know if tanya has any special secrets she'd like to share with us.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout Master
    I personally stay over 100 nights a year in Motels. Mostly Best Westerns and super Eights. Some are pretty nice and some are pretty Gross. So far I seem to have avoided most of those germs.

Only 19 days till Christmas
    So TRUE! But it's changing. Best Western voted --- the members are all the hotel owners since Best Western's are privately owned and operated.. and they voted to oust the bad hotels. The inspections have become quite difficult, so difficult about 25 Best Westerns are loosing their sign each month, but in their place brand new constructed hotels are springing up. It's hard to keep up, but my hotel does and in fact we got the highest score in Utah. We lost only a few points this last inspection: cigarette burns in the outside carpet (how I hate cigarettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and a backdoor handle that could be in better shape.

Anyway.. bottom line is all those gross ones you have stayed in before are going away! .. and quickly!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I just want to know if tanya has any special secrets she'd like to share with us.

ha ha....

We use disposable stuff, we are too lazy to wash cups. Although I can't watch every single maid, they love working there and I doubt they use the toilet brush or rag for anything but the toilet.

Never hurts to tip though.

Tip a maid? I don't think I have ever done that.

Bogley BigShot
    You have no idea how much it means to them. It's not only the money but it makes them feel like the guest appreciates all their hard work .. and cleaning rooms is VERY hard work!

Kicks my butt!... even takes it out of my big body builder type husband!

Guidelines on tipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Tip a maid? I don't think I have ever done that.
    So is what you are really saying is.... you enjoyed your toliet water coffee....

Back in the 80's I was dating this chick who worked as a maid up at Snowbird.... all the party animal guests would tip the Bird maids by leaving a small line of Bolivian Marching Dust on the night stand. She was making some pretty good cash..... right up until she was forced to checked herself into rehab....

Bogley BigShot
    I don't know about guidelines.... even a dollar or two makes them happy. $20 bucks they are very happy. I had one lady leave me $100, but I am an extremist sort of maid.

I wonder about your friends sometimes Shane.

Gosh... and I was wondering exactly what service a maid supplied to earn $100.....