Thread: Delta 7 Sports: Arantix bike frame tested.

Delta 7 Sports: Arantix bike frame tested.

Check this out! This bike frame is called the ARANTIX and it's wild! I first learned about it at INTERBIKE 2007. Delta 7 Sports let me test ride it in return for a little feed back. I'm DAN, the third rider in the first video. Enjoy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey Dan, welcome to the forum. I went ahead and embedded those vids for you.

Hi Dan, So what were your thoughts on the bike? Other than what was said on the movie?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

My thoughts

To everybody out there that wonders about this crazy cool bike:

Like I mentioned, Delta 7 sports asked if I'd ride their bike and give an un-bias opinion of the Arantix frame. I am not affiliated with Delta 7 in any way and have no reason to be anything but completely honest. I race in the Expert class of the local and national mountain bike races. I've had a few opportunities to ride hard tail bikes and have owned one over the last couple years. I've ridden two different Specialized carbon S-Works hard tails and a Cannondale Taurine carbon. The major difference between Cannondale and ANY other top end bike is the LEFTY fork. I love it. Aside from that, the Arantix frame easily stands along side top racy hard tail frames. It's as light weight and stiff as a racy hard tail needs to be...quick and snappy climbs, stable descending, agile cornering, etc. If it had a LEFTY up front, it would be just that much better. Two thumbs up from me!

Thanks Dan.

By the way, do you feel like your inner legs would get scraped on the frame? I guess it's probably not as sharp as it looks, it probably has smoothed out edges on it.

Plus, now that I think about it, I never really hit the frame on my bike with my legs, and I've got that huge tube on my Klein.

Riding the bike I never experienced rubbing on the frame. The edges and corners are pretty well buffed. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to carry it on my shoulder for a long period of time, but that doesn't happen often anyway.

true, the shoulder carry, didn't even think about that.

But then again, it's so light, maybe the shoulder wouldn't even be necessary. Maybe just tuck it under your arm.

Its not a horse, you dont have to grip the bike with your legs...
    anyway, most guys ride bowlegged...for some reason...unless you dont have that problem beech'