Thread: Canyoneering Hawaii

Canyoneering Hawaii

Howdy all, its been a long time and long story to chase that. I will get to the point though.

Heading to Hawaii in a couple weeks, as I was sitting in boredom in beautifull Idaho (part of long story) I had an epiphany; There is canyoneering in Hawaii!

Sooo, I come back to utah (cyberly) in request of any beta, experiences, or some-sort of direction in which to follow once I land, finish a wedding (no not mine thats not part of the story) and have 2 weeks to myself for exploration.

Happy turkey day!

-Peter
    'If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience' -Woodrow Wilson

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I know ATS was working on guiding some canyons in Hawaii... not sure how that is going but here is some contact info that might get you headed in the right direction.

ATS
    http://www.alpinets.com/

I've never done a canyon with these guys but talked with them some, they were always very knowledgable and helpful. Here are a couple promo video's for your viewing pleasure.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Re: Canyoneering Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by mossimo64
    There is canyoneering in Hawaii!

Sooo, I come back to utah (cyberly) in request of any beta, experiences, or some-sort of direction in which to follow once I land, finish a wedding (no not mine thats not part of the story) and have 2 weeks to myself for exploration.

-Peter
    Check out Hike Maui, set up by our pal Dave Black:

http://www.hikemaui.com/template/canyoneering.html

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by mossimo64
    Heading to Hawaii in a couple weeks, as I was sitting in boredom in beautifull Idaho (part of long story) I had an epiphany; There is canyoneering in Hawaii!
    Heading there myself the first week of January. Europeans have been poking around the canyons there for more than a decade. American mainlanders started 3 or 4 years ago. Most of the canyoning there so far seems to be focused on Maui, but I've heard stories from the other islands, too.

You will make better use of your time if you hire a guide that can take you to the gems. Hike Maui will be your best choice. Dave Black is living there now, working as Hike Maui's Operations Manager. Dave is an ACA certified guide and instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by rcwild
    You will make better use of your time if you hire a guide that can take you to the gems. Hike Maui will be your best choice. Dave Black is living there now, working as Hike Maui's Operations Manager. Dave is an ACA certified guide and instructor.
    Check out the ACA's website for a link to Dave Black's E-mail. He will be a great resource for your trip over.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

Yeah... Dave's a good guy. You can also PM me if you need his email and/or phone number.

Check out the ACA's website for a link to Dave Black's E-mail. He will be a great resource for your trip over.
    Dave's bio is here:

http://www.canyoneering.net/content/...categoryid=108

Email address is:

shiadilaah@yahoo.com

Looks like I will be getting a hold of Dave Black, thanks for the start!
    'If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience' -Woodrow Wilson