Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Gets PWNED by UHP

Man Gets PWNED by UHP

This guy is speeding through a construction zone, gets pulled over, refuses to sign the speeding ticket, and then gets tazered in front of his wife.

Usually I hate cops for stuff like this, but admittedly this guy was being a rebelious jackass.

What do you think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMYL_shxc
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A little too much for me, "He took a ride with the taser"

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Curbside Lawyers

The cop was still an A hole. The dude should have followed orders, but the cop wasn't in danger of his life or safety.

Just a construction zone speed trap camper.

I'll paste my comments from another forum...

Kid had it coming... look at his hand why he walks past the officer, and again as he is walking back to his car. He was putting something back, but as he walks away he continues to fish for something. To me that says he's either looking to pull something out (weapon) and or he is trying to ditch something he had in his pocket (ie. a joint, needle, etc). The cop was a little tough... but fail to submit to the verbal commands an officer gives, and he has the right to take action. I'm betting he was well within his policy, while it could have obviously been handled a in a better way.

OK, I watched more of the video... I'm now to the part where he gets up off the ground and again confronts the officer, reaching for something again in his pockets, back right this time... Of course he's already threatening a lawsuit.

Its very easy to play monday morning quarterback on the incident. He was told to stop, like it or not, disobeying a stop command from an officer in the State of Utah is against the law. The cop could have tackled the kid, if he fought one or both could have been injured in the road. So many variables that are all too "clear" when we watch them over and over in the camera. Hindsite is 20/20

Like the cop said, it's not the place to argue on the side of the road. The guy was pacing up and down and did reach in his shirt a couple of times. Even though this was a bit brutal, seems to me the guy asked for it. Be a dick to a cop and you are the one that will get owned.

That's why they have the taser guns, so they don't have to get physical with offenders and don't have to use lethal force. The guy was obviously refusing everything officer told him to do.

Ya, I agree. Prick cop? Yes. Did the guy deserve it? Yes.

I'm told this occurred just outside of Vernal.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Ya, I agree. Prick cop? Yes. Did the guy deserve it? Yes.

I'm told this occurred just outside of Vernal.
    X2

That guy is a dumbass..... from my point of view the cop was being reasonable. Even after being cuffed and tazed the dumbass still didn't follow simple instructions.... I would have tazered him again just for the hell of it.

That cop is an asshole.
    Hopefully he will lose his job over it.

The cop is going to loose his job, after this showed up on the internet, the UHP has made a statement, KSL covered it and the when the DPS states that they didn't know what the officer was thinking when he acted that way, that usually means the outcome won't go well and they are covering there tracks. Plus did you think that the situation waranted the use of deadly force? I believe a tazer from an officer falls into that category. What if the guy fell into traffic. Why didn't he just shoot his ass

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    That guy is a dumbass..... from my point of view the cop was being reasonable. Even after being cuffed and tazed the dumbass still didn't follow simple instructions.... I would have tazered him again just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    I believe a tazer from an officer falls into that category.
    You believed wrong Tazer is less than lethal force. Right there with pepper spray, but the Po-Po isn't effected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    The cop is going to loose his job, after this showed up on the internet, the UHP has made a statement, KSL covered it and the when the DPS states that they didn't know what the officer was thinking when he acted that way, that usually means the outcome won't go well and they are covering there tracks. Plus did you think that the situation waranted the use of deadly force? I believe a tazer from an officer falls into that category. What if the guy fell into traffic. Why didn't he just shoot his ass
    Re-watch the KSL cast... the DPS spokesperson stated he didn't know the situation surrounding the officer using it, he didn't know what kind of threat the officer was feeling. It wasn't a "what was he thinking" as in he was judging his state of mind.

He was more likely to fall into traffic if the two got into a scuffle... the taser dropped him in his tracks.

The officer was within his rights, albeit a bit of an ass about it... The kid is a loser!

The kid was being a idiot but... no way he should of been put down like that.

Happy Thanksgiving you little betcha. Take that!

Hard to hear over all the traffic, but this kid was mouthing off right from the start. The cop was keeping his cool pretty well I thought. Kid does reach into his pocket and is doing stuff that anyone knows is a no no with cops.

I think what the Cop did was just fine, nothing wrong with it, the guy deserved what he got. I also think the cop should have tased him again when he came back twords the officer at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Curbside Lawyers
    There are bad curbside lawyers and good ones. This kid was the worst one I've ever seen, and I have seen several in the videos I obtain related to my cases. This was a tricky situation for the officer. Busy road and nasty stretch of highway it is. If it is where I think it is this was a construction project to widen the road and add a passing lane between Vernal and Roosevelt. The cop may have been a little trigger happy but the only thing I may have done differently is to tell the kid he is about to get tazed if he doesn't immediately stop and put his hands behind his back. He is reaching in his pants, he is walking away, and he clearly did not follow any of the directions of the officer. I also thought that everyone knew that if you don't sign the ticket, you go to jail. Apparently this kid didn't get the memo. My favorite part is when the kid is yelling "you have to read me my rights in order to arrest me." Oh stop it .... That is probably the biggest misconception out there. Cops never have to read you your rights. If they don't you may have a defense to things you said or admissions you made but thay don't "have" to read your rights. As the cop said, fight the ticket on court if you want to but not on the road side. Better yet, just pay up and go to traffic school. I don't know anyone who honestly doesn't deserve several more tickets than they receive.

Best advice is to be courteous to the cop on the road and thank the officer for being willing to do the job he does. You'd be surprised how far that goes either on the road side or later on in court
    Life is Good

If the guy would have just said sorry to start with and say that he was in the wrong, he wouldn't of had to "take a ride with the tazer" regardless of what happens and who's wrong or right the dude fell like a bag a rocks and that made me laugh! Post some more of these for discussion, Youtube is full of them.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum