Thread: DVD Software

DVD Software

Anyone want to suggest some descent software that will allow me to pull clips from a DVD?

I have my football teams games on a DVD. I want to pull clips so I can post them to the net and also make a highlight DVD to help teach my offense.

The cheaper the better...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If it's on a DVD, and you want it copied to your computer, you'll have to get a DVD decrypter. There are a bunch of free ones out there.

Next, you'll have to choose what you want to do with it. A lot of programs will let you edit the video, save clips, add titles and captions, and all that stuff. I've never tried it with Nero though. Maybe even Roxio.

I've got Power Director to do some of that stuff for me, but it's not free.

What DVD software do you have already on your computer (if any)?

I have Nero, DVD Shrink and DVD decrypter. If I'm just copying a DVD I rented I have no problem doing that. Excuse me.... I mean if I'm making a "back-up" copy of a DVD I already own.....

Copying and burning DVD's is not my problem. What I want is a descent program that is easy to use that lets me strip out short video clips from the VOB files and then paste them into a highlight reel or simply post the clip to the net.

Also, I was looking at posting a clip to YouTube and it has to be in certain formats. The VOB format was not listed as being supported.

I assume I'm looking for a easy and cheap editor that lets me edit VOB files and save them in other formats???

If you have Nero Recode (It came with a suite of Nero products I have) you can convert a DVD into MPEG-4, and can trim it. I was just messing with it last night, pulling video clips off a DVD I had. Worked pretty good. You can upload them to YouTube after that.

I don't think I've seen Recode in my Nero stuff.... but I'll mess with it tonight and see what I can work out. I think my Nero package is what they call Nero Essentials so it might not have everything they sale.

I could give you a copy, but I'm 2 versions too old (version 6). I need to upgrade.