Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BYU - Utah Smack

Here is Shane and his crew, getting ready for the big game.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's hilarious.... I love the way you put a picture of the head of the ACA in his super canyon suit in the boat with my little band of mis-fits.

NOTE: Add more beer to the boat.... that much won't last my merry crew.

Attached Images Attached Images  

A ute fans wife

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Another Ute fan in her red bikini

It would be a BYU fan if it was blue, but most I find are red!! LOL

one more

Ok, I think BYU will win this one 31-28. I just want it to be a good game.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

The way Utah plays dirty, there definitely will be some guys who risk being violated. Luckily, raping doesn't mean winning.

On my way to the game in a few minutes. Enjoy the beatdown from your couch, Ice. It's gonna be a good one.

BYU - 28
    Utah - 24

I like the home team to finally win at Home. This should be a good one, both teams playing well, I initially leaned towards the U just cause they seem to be on that late season streak again but figure being in Provo has to count for something.

Go Utes

Thanks to the wonderful internet I can watch this in Orlando!

Both teams look terrible so far though (4 min left in the 4th, 9-3 BYU when posted).

10-9 Utah with 1:34 left. Yewts just put together the first complete, reasonably good looking drive of the game.

Can BYU answer...?

Whoops, forgot to post this one....

And of course, we did answer, put together an ugly drive though. Aided by a poor decision in the Yewt secondary to rough a receiver after the ball was gone (not the same as the previous call against Utah, the ball was LONG gone). Then a P.I. call that could have gone either way, but the Yewt initiated the contact (in my biased opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    And of course, we did answer, put together an ugly drive though. Aided by a poor decision in the Yewt secondary to rough a receiver after the ball was gone (not the same as the previous call against Utah, the ball was LONG gone). Then a P.I. call that could have gone either way, but the Yewt initiated the contact (in my biased opinion).
    Here is one thing I learned really well during my divorce which can be applied here, what would your reaction be if the shoe was on the other foot?

You know BYU fan would have lynched those refs right at midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Here is one thing I learned really well during my divorce which can be applied here, what would your reaction be if the shoe was on the other foot?

My unbiased opinion???

1) The Utes blew it when they let Collie get loose for 50 on 4th and 19, ouch.
    2) I detest games where the ref's become the story (this is why I hate the NBA).
    3) I thought this game would go to the home team, Dirk was right.

I bet on BYU -2.5 for the first half and won. Then I bet 2ndHalf Over 21.5 and won again.

We are eating at sizzler tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    I bet on BYU -2.5 for the first half and won. Then I bet 2ndHalf Over 21.5 and won again.

We are eating at sizzler tonight!
    Well done!

1) The Utes blew it when they let Collie get loose for 50 on 4th and 19, ouch.
    Agreed. Big mistake on Utah's part.

2) I detest games where the ref's become the story (this is why I hate the NBA).
    The ref's are not the story of this game. BYU beat Utah in every facet of the game today. One P.I. call was questionable, but it didn't change the outcome of the game. No true fan can blame the refs for this loss.

3) I thought this game would go to the home team, Dirk was right.
    The game went to the better team. 15 straight conference victories and 2 straight outright conference championships.

I only partially agree. I hate to blame the refs no matter what. It's a cop out. If I was a Yewt fan my biased opinion would have been that they were bad calls, but that the Yewts still blew it. Leaving Collie open....dropping that pass on the 20 on their final failed drive etc...

You can't point to calls on the last BYU drive as the reason you lost the game. There are blown calls all game every game (with VERY FEW exceptions) that turn the tides of the game, but they are let go of as the game goes on. Both teams get screwed at one point or another during the game that has just as much of an effect on the game as points could have been scored earlier in the game to make the ending entirely different.

The BYU vs. UCLA game bothered when they refs blew two booth reviewed plays where replay showed they were wrong. Even booth reviews end up wrong occasionally when they are close calls, those two just blew my mind though. In the end we still should have won the game, but we couldn't get it done. We were to blame, not the refs.

It happens to everyone, it's part of the game. Unless it's super ugly (Mavs vs. Heat in the finals a few years ago), you can't blame the refs.

Ice doesn't take loss very well.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

HELL YEAH!!! BYU 17 Utah 10

Again, I get to go the next 365 days without any Ute fans smack.

What a great game.

What a great picture:

http://www.danransom.com/blog/images..._touchdown.jpg
    "I'm the dude, man, so that's what you call me"