Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BYU - Utah Smack

Hey Rev,

I figured by now you'd know my religious and political feelings... Figured we were just joking.

As to BYU being legitimate? Yeah, very much so. It has very high ratings for both it's law school and business schools. It has over 30,000 students, and has the highest admission standards of any college in Utah. Average ACT for an entering student is about 28.

A study of religion is required for graduation, but non-mormons have plenty of flexibility. They have to study Mormonism for a couple of semesters, the other semesters they can study Old and New Testaments, as well as other areas of emphasis. But hey, look at me, I'd consider myself an agnostic. And where did I discover this? Why at BYU, of course.

Definitely some peculiar aspects to the place, as it is 99 percent Mormon, and students have to live by a fairly strict "Honor Code." But other than that, it is a well respected University. At least, that's what they told me...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    I'd be most interested in responses from any non-Mormon BYU grads.
    There you go, not picking me for the team. I taught "Mormonism" as Dan says, at BYU. So, "No Soup for you!".
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    It has over 30,000 students,
    Wow! That's a big school. Had no idea.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Looks like he answered the question pretty well all ready.

My wife is getting her Master's in accounting, and the Marriott School is ranked 2nd in the nation by the Accounting Standards board. The recruiters send her crap all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Looks like he answered the question pretty well all ready.

My wife is getting her Master's in accounting, and the Marriott School is ranked 2nd in the nation by the Accounting Standards board. The recruiters send her crap all the time.
    OK, sounds waaaaay different from Liberty.

-- Wm Blake

I really wanted to make a comment about how most accountants lack a personality and that statement could also apply to most BYU students (not all them... but more then a few). But I did not want to insult your wife so I did my best to hold it.

My brother is an accountant for E and Y. He has a personality (he went to the U) but his co-workers lost their personalities a long time ago.

So I guess what I'm hearing is that Mormons are smarter than Baptists. Makes complete sense to me.

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    I really wanted to make a comment about how most accountants lack a personality and that statement could also apply to most BYU students (not all them... but more then a few). But I did not want to insult your wife so I did my best to hold it.

My brother is an accountant for E and Y. He has a personality (he went to the U) but his co-workers lost their personalities a long time ago.
    LOL, I wouldn't be offended. She knows full well that I can't stand going to the socials, etc that they have whenever the big companies come to woo them. Just a bunch of ego's stuffed in suits at those things, students and recruiters included.

I'm studying Mechanical Engineering though.....so I'm surrounded by social ineptitude.

FWIW: It's a well know fact around these parts that if you send your daughter to BYU and she graduates without a husband the money you paid for tuition was wasted.

I took this the other day and HAD to post it on Bogley. "Follow the Prophet. He's a Utah Grad!!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Exactly! Follow the prophet, he has shown true repentance! Even you can recover from great sin if he can recover from going to the U

I love this copied/pasted smack our yewt brethren try to use. How about something original???

I reckon I'll just trot this thread out from the archives. It's been six years since anybody posted anything in this thread ~ back then the Utes would've been on the verge of their third victory in the current Holy War win streak.

It's funny how the zoobers can be so optimistic in the face of crushing defeat. They'll likely lose again tonight, but that doesn't stop them from predicting a BYU victory according to most of the staff writers over at VanquishtheFoe:

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2019/...tions-holy-war

Admittedly some are pretty funny.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Looking for big game tonight from Covey, Moss, and Huntley.