Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Dayz

Turkey Dayz

The wife just informed me that her entire family is coming to town for Turkey Dayz and will be staying with us.... best part is she also informed me that I am only required to attend the big meal and after that I'm free to roam....

So....

Anyone got a Turkey Dayz trip planned and want some company from an old smartass? Or anyone interested in putting together a trip? I'm thinking Moab would be nice this time of year and I have beta on a couple of new routes I'm just itching to descended.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What about BYU-Utah? Those are my only plans... Unfortunately, it is on Saturday, so it kind of messes up the rest of the days.

What... you want to stick around and watch BYU take a beating?

If we do Moab I would be all for doing lunch at a local bar and watching the game in town.

How easily we forget.... I'm the guy who has no problemooo sleeping in real beds and eating real food.... screw that camping crap.

plan on going down halls creek to explore a few days, w-m.

but if you'd be interested in exploring more around high spur (that slot n of windy point spring draining into lower hs) or an uncertain/unexplored access to swett creeks hanging slot just to see if its worth the effort, i'd change plans for the company (and help hauling the gear !)
    signature

Have a group of 4 that will be doing Little Segers Hole/Segers Window on Thurs, Segers Hole/Squeeze on Friday, Cable on Sat and Eardley on Sunday. Camping at Hidden Splendor Wed, Thurs; Horse Heaven on Fri and Sat. Have room for up to 2 more.

Take care,
    A.J.

Alex?
    Marc?
    Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    What... you want to stick around and watch BYU take a beating?

If we do Moab I would be all for doing lunch at a local bar and watching the game in town.

How easily we forget.... I'm the guy who has no problemooo sleeping in real beds and eating real food.... screw that camping crap.
    I'd miss most any game for good outdoors fun. But not Utah AT BYU. I haven't seen BYU win in LES for awhile now, you know. I was at last years game, but it sure would be nice to get one in Provo...

Alex?
    Marc?
    Rock?

I'm in SLC from Thursday till Sunday. As stupid as it sounds, I would be down for hitting a slot mid-week AFTER the Thanksgiving weekend (26th-30th).
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I am game, unless my wife says otherwise

What days are you thinking, Shane?

My plans for thanksgiving week just fell apart, i'm looking for partners 11/16-22nd.

Here is what I'm thinking..... I have some beta on what is supposed to be a really good route in Moab. I'd like to do it on Friday (drive down Thursday afternoon or evening). The down side to the route is it requires a shuttle with HCV's. I can supply one of the vehicles. We will need an early start because the route should take most of the day and daylight is at a premium this time of year.

After that I really don't care, stay in Moab an do more or drive home.... it's all good... I really would like to see the Utah/BYU game Saturday afternoon.

sorry man, count be out on this one

have plans w/ the fam.

but i'm up for something after that weekend

Although I was not on the prefered list (I'm OK with that) it would be fun to go out with you again.....but, turkey day, black Friday (kid duty while wife "saves" money), then the football game on Saturday hoses me. I've never done anything around Moab. That is the one area of the state that is not on the resume yet. I am itching to get there.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Although I was not on the prefered list (I'm OK with that) it would be fun to go out with you again.....but, turkey day, black Friday (kid duty while wife "saves" money), then the football game on Saturday hoses me. I've never done anything around Moab. That is the one area of the state that is not on the resume yet. I am itching to get there.
    Scott you never go with us man!

Shane, my plans are looking a bit grim for the Turkey weekend, I will let you know for sure by this weekend.

Maybe we should move it to the weekend after Turkey Dayz. That work for anyone..... (including Scott)...

Maybe we should move it to the weekend after Turkey Dayz. That work for anyone..... (including Scott)...

Friday NOVEMBER 30 -- 95% chance I could make it

Saturday DECEMBER 1 -- 70% chance I could make it

Now I'm confused.... what day is everyone talking?

Orginally I wanted to do the canyon Friday, Novmber 23, but I'm also willing to go Saturday December 1.

Anyone who is interest is welcome..... so what do ya'll think?

This is currently just in the planning stage.

Dec 1st sounds alright, I am confused about rock's post though

November 30th and December 1 I'm down.

Dude.... we can't go Friday the 30th.... some of us have real jobs.

Anyone else have a thought/interested?