Thread: Bald Dell (Great Western Trail)

Bald Dell (Great Western Trail)

We rode it so you don't have to. Push bike up the steep hill, skid bike down the steep hill. Baby heads, base balls, golf balls; all super loose. Did I mention it was way too steep to open it up even a little?

I did get better down by the pipeline, but the first 8 miles wasn't worth the last 3. This would be a good place for some "exploring." The trail would be awesome if it even attempted to follow the contour.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/balddell.htm

One of the easier sections of trail.

Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Love the soundtrack! Hey, so where'e this at? --info for someone who'd rather here it from a reliable source than a map

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Love the soundtrack! Hey, so where'e this at? --info for someone who'd rather here it from a reliable source than a map
    It's at the top of Big Mountain above Little Dell. If you're standing in the parking lot looking east with your back to the road there are two trails. The trail to the right is signed "Mormon Trail." There's another trail over to the left between the KYBO and the microwave relay tower. The one on the left (north) is the one that sucks.

Not all bad

Okay, the uphill was a bit of a drag (literally). But even the straight shot down hills on the loose rock was still kinda fun. Yes, some switchbacks would have been nice, but it wasn't as bad as Moabfool is suggesting. I fully intend to ride it again someday when the mud and snow are absent.

And you actually can open it up on the upper, steep parts of the trail, if you are brave enough and have lots of suspension.

Re: Not all bad

Quote Originally Posted by recinutah
    Okay, the uphill was a bit of a drag (literally). But even the straight shot down hills on the loose rock was still kinda fun. Yes, some switchbacks would have been nice, but it wasn't as bad as Moabfool is suggesting. I fully intend to ride it again someday when the mud and snow are absent.

And you actually can open it up on the upper, steep parts of the trail, if you are brave enough and have lots of suspension.
    And full body armor, and a rubber spine, and good insurance, and a retainer on Life Flight. The only good part of that trail was the pipeline above Jeremy Ranch (and it was very good). My day would've been better spent degreasing my engine (or cutting a new Bald Dell trail).

Wow that sounds pretty bad!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Looks like a horse trail.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Looks like a horse trail.
    We have a winner.