Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This may surprise you, but....

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    I turned 39 today..........for the 9th time!
    Congratulations, dearie, but you are still a mere child.
    Thank you. After all.....age is just a state of mind, right? Someone needs to tell my body that on some days....
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Congratulations, dearie, but you are still a mere child.
    Thank you. After all.....age is just a state of mind, right? Someone needs to tell my body that on some days....
    Well Happy Bday beautiful! Here's a big hug and whatever else youd like to go along with that

I turned 39 today..........for the 9th time! :haha:
    Happy birthday! Will hit our stride after 40.

You should treat yourself to a Mustang.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Well Happy Bday beautiful! Here's a big hug and whatever else youd like to go along with that
    Thanks darlin'! I will use my imagination for the rest of it......

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote

I agree.......young enough to still have fun, but old enough to know better about some things!

Bogley BigShot

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote

I agree.......young enough to still have fun, but old enough to know better about some things!
    Happy Birthday Young Lady

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Thanks! Girl - where have you been? I was thinking we were going to have to send a search party out to look for you.....

Happy Birthday Savanna!

Bogley BigShot
    Thanks! Girl - where have you been? I was thinking we were going to have to send a search party out to look for you.....
    I guess this fits in the what you do not know about me thread.
    I am a perfectionist when it comes to some things --- even over hanging out with the handsome posse of Uutah.com (yeah I know I am a little off!)

I had to deal with the nightmare I have to get ready for 2 times each year... the BEST WESTERN INSPECTION!!! -- next one is March... so I will go away for a while again then.

So... the inspection was suppose to be today but yesterday he called and asked if he could come a day early!!!! of course I said yes since he is a nice guy and all ... then he said he would be at my hotel in 2 hours. He was there in 1

We were trying for a perfect score but we got called on the same thing we did last time... dang smokers burn the outdoor carpet constantly! You can only replace it so often! Grrrrrr! Seems the only solution is to find flooring they can't burn.

We did great though! We got the "highest score in Utah" --- we were the last hotel on his list so he knew the scores ---- and since we were last he was hoping to do 2 inspections in one day and go home.... thus the day early request.

I am so glad its over! I wanted to join everyone that came this way last weekend but the inspection had to be the priority! Next time!

But guys!!!! --- you really need to eat at the Buffalo Bistro and drive the Scenic Byways --- instead of the highway and Mesquite.

Ok - another one - I prefer the taste of wild game over domestic meat....Im gonna open this one WIDE.....Ive eaten BEAVER TAIL.....caught it myself...skinned it out and took the tenderloin off above the back/tail...made an excellent tail stew.....
    go ahead people.....

my son holding the animal up

I had sex with different women on opposite sides of the country on the same day. Ah to be foolish again.

One day I realized the saying "You need to get you life together" was about me when I had to gather clothing from 8 states.

One hotel in NYC had tagged one of my bags for disposal just hours before I picked it up.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

I had to deal with the nightmare I have to get ready for 2 times each year... the BEST WESTERN INSPECTION!!! -- next one is March... so I will go away for a while again then.

Congrats on the good score! I remember those inspection days when I was with Shell Oil. We had them every quarter. Different people did the inspection......one actually came with his white gloves and another one handed me the form and told me to fill it out myself.

Good to have you back.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Ok - another one - I prefer the taste of wild game over domestic meat....Im gonna open this one WIDE.....Ive eaten BEAVER TAIL.....caught it myself...skinned it out and took the tenderloin off above the back/tail...made an excellent tail stew.....
    go ahead people.....
    I'm not one of those anti-hunting people, but I guess I just have a hard time eating something that is so cute and furry.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Happy Birthday Savanna!
    Thanks Felicia! btw......I love your avatar.

You probably knew?

In 1970 I built hanggliders for Electra Flyer. A company owned by Larry Newman and Ben Abruzzo. Ben Abruzzo and Maxi Anderson later went on to be the first to fly a balloon across the Atlantic "Double Eagle 2". I flew hanggliders for 9 years; crashed and destroyed 3, broke my back in 1974 when I stalled on take off. Sailed the north Pacific and south Pacific and SW Atlantic for 2 years on my parents sailboat and on a publisher from NZ's boat. In 1981 I crewed a sailboat on the Sydney Austrailia to Rio de Janeiro, Cape Horn Classic Yacht Race (longest single leg Yacht Race) 9000 NM around Cape Horn, and we won on handicap by over 4 days. I taught Global Survival in the USAF from 1975 til 1979 and Sally Ride (first woman astronaut to go into space on the Space Shuttle) was a student when I taught Water Survival at Homestead AFB, Fl. in 1977-79. Have 2 kids, a son 21 and a daughter 22. They are half Brasilian. My wife is Brasileira. My Daughter just married a Russian and lives in SLC. I have hiked with ICE! I know some of the folks on Uutah and look forward to meeting more. I love my family and friends and being in UTAH!

Re: You probably knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    In 1970 I built hanggliders for Electra Flyer. A company owned by Larry Newman and Ben Abruzzo. Ben Abruzzo and Maxi Anderson later went on to be the first to fly a balloon across the Atlantic "Double Eagle 2". I flew hanggliders for 9 years; crashed and destroyed 3, broke my back in 1974 when I stalled on take off. Sailed the north Pacific and south Pacific and SW Atlantic for 2 years on my parents sailboat and on a publisher from NZ's boat. In 1981 I crewed a sailboat on the Sydney Austrailia to Rio de Janeiro, Cape Horn Classic Yacht Race (longest single leg Yacht Race) 9000 NM around Cape Horn, and we won on handicap by over 4 days. I taught Global Survival in the USAF from 1975 til 1979 and Sally Ride (first woman astronaut to go into space on the Space Shuttle) was a student when I taught Water Survival at Homestead AFB, Fl. in 1977-79. Have 2 kids, a son 21 and a daughter 22. They are half Brasilian. My wife is Brasileira. My Daughter just married a Russian and lives in SLC. I have hiked with ICE! I know some of the folks on Uutah and look forward to meeting more. I love my family and friends and being in UTAH!
    Wow.....your life could be made into a movie! Reminds me of a saying someone once sent me:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the Grave in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ...Holy Shit... What A Ride!

Re: You probably knew?

[quote="savanna3313
    Wow.....your life could be made into a movie! Reminds me of a saying someone once sent me:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the Grave in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ...Holy Shit... What A Ride!

[/quote]

I think ICE submitted that saying?!
    The journey is taking a toll on the body, but I'm just not ready to "Skid In Sideways" yet! No movies, but Tanya and I will have a book published one day...not a bio or anything, but rather a guidebook to share some of the finest places on Earth! Southern Utah and Northern Arizona! I went back and googled Larry Newman and realized that I didn't start building Gliders until 1974 when Electra Flyer was incorporated....I started flying in 1970! I remember sort of how I learned! Rented an old Chandelle tow kite retired from Bush Gardens? in florida and a small shop in Alb. purchased and rented them out. We had to duct tape the sails and use bailing wire to hold them together. No worries! A quick stop at the liquor store for a bottle of tequilla and off to "The Dig"! The first time I finally got airborne, the dang powerlines got in the way, but Jose told me to keep it steady and "Dive, Dive Dive!" I have not a clue why I didn't "skid in sideways" at a young age, but I won't argue!

These are boring compared to others.

- I fish around 200 days a year but eat fish about 2-3 times a year.

- I married a teenager...of legal age...and only one.

- I viewed Star Wars 3 in it's original 1080p native resolution which Lucas would only allow to be played on certain projectors. For him to have let it be viewed was very rare, especially since it hadn't hit the theaters yet. The projector I viewed it on was $250k residential projector displayed on a 20' screen. It was the best picture I have ever seen and will probably ever see.

- A client of mine interested in purchasing that same projector flew me from Heber to Las Vegas to pick him up then on to San Fran and back in his private jet just to view this projector which took all of one hour.

- I've helped in designing, installing, and setting up two home theaters in Deer Valley and Jackson Hole that has cost over 1.5 million dollars each. Watching movies have never been as satisfying since.