Thread: recommendations for good movers ?

recommendations for good movers ?

crap i hate moving. we travel light but still its a pain in the ass.
    anyone have any recommendations on good movers ? were just going to sandy from murray but i don't want to haul all the backbreaking furniture down 3 flights again.

many thanks !
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Turner Moving! My grandparents own it. They are based out of Richfield. My Uncle is running it now because my gramps had an accident. (800) 982-6683, local (435) 896-4338
    The man thong is wrong.

Jaxx, your grandparents are from Richfield? Mine too...

To me the quality is in the guarantee. If they don't guarantee their work and that your stuff will arrive in the same condition they found it, get someone else. I have used Starving Students or some such outfit.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Jaxx, your grandparents are from Richfield? Mine too...

Small world. I have a friend from Highschool that also has grandparents down there. SWEET.

I think they guarantee that they won't break your stuff or they will pay for it. Insurance is a good thing.
    The man thong is wrong.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    To me the quality is in the guarantee. If they don't guarantee their work and that your stuff will arrive in the same condition they found it, get someone else. I have used Starving Students or some such outfit.
    NO offense intended to you Scott, but the worst moving experience of my life was when I used Starving Students. I guess it all depends on the crew that is sent out. These guys were the worst and took 8 hrs to move me and I most of my stuff was already in place brought out by the furniture company.

I've used Rocky Mtn Movers several times for both me and other family members. Quality people are always sent and they get the job done without countless cigarette breaks.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    NO offense intended to you Scott, but the worst moving experience of my life was when I used Starving Students. I guess it all depends on the crew that is sent out. These guys were the worst and took 8 hrs to move me and I most of my stuff was already in place brought out by the furniture company.

I've used Rocky Mtn Movers several times for both me and other family members. Quality people are always sent and they get the job done without countless cigarette breaks.
    No offense taken. And students on this side of the point of the mountain didn't smoke. Heck, I can't even remember if it was that company. Anyway, I agree. I guess the moral to the story is if they are being paid by the hour, hire non-smokers.
    Life is Good

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313

No offense taken. And students on this side of the point of the mountain didn't smoke. Heck, I can't even remember if it was that company. Anyway, I agree. I guess the moral to the story is if they are being paid by the hour, hire non-smokers.
    Guess what? They're NOT students at all unless someone hired just happens to be a student by accident. It's just a name. I fell for it too - thinking I was helping out students working their way through college.
    I believe perhaps the initial owners may have started the business using students for the most part, but trust me - the guys who came out for my move probably dropped out in Jr. High.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

I used United and starving students, really both companies did a great job I just told them if my wife was happy at the end of the move a big tip was in it for them! Also have pizza/burgers and drinks for the movers as well it gets them on your good side.
    Eat it you dirty little fish!

thanks for the feedback all !
    signature

I've used Edwards Moving last month and they've done a good job for me. They're also expert on heavy hauling and rigging.
    Read information available about Heavy Hauling, Moving and Rigging, just Click Here!