Thread: Dont drive like an asshole... please.

Dont drive like an asshole... please.

On Friday driving home from Sandy to Orem I noticed a Chevy Blazer weaving in and out of traffic trying to get sort of advantage and speed off to his destination. I recall thinking this guy is going to kill someone.
    I continued over the point into Utah county... Cruise control on .. doing my thing going with the flow of traffic in the left lane. In the normal spot in the American Fork area... traffic slows down (for no reason at all). I drop my speed from 70 to 50 keeping a good 4 or 5 car lengths with the person ahead of me in the left lane.
    I look in my rear view mirror to see Mr. Asshat in his Chevy Blazer coming right at me! I brace myself and floor it with hopes of decreasing the impact. BOOM! He hits me while making an illegal lane change to the carpool lane and flys by me on the left side. My car drifts to the center lane and back by the grace of god i never hit anyone else. We both pull over and the asshat starts to apologize that he was in a hurry and thought he was going to make it.........
    My car its a bit banged up but not too bad, I will need a new bumper and tail lights. I was pretty stoked I drove the crown vic to work that day, its a pretty sturdy vehicle.
    So I was a bit in shock while filling out my accident report and I told the officer I was not hurt .... but a few hours later i had a bit of back and neck pain. I went the Dr...... nothing serious that he could see so he told me to take it easy for few days..
    So here I am sore back... with a busted up car.. and hoping I felling ok and can make my last camping trip to the desert this weekend... just because some asshole would rather change lanes then press the brakes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OMG, glad to hear you're okay, summit!

dang!

And I bet he crossed the double white lines to do it! This is one of my big pet peeves I pay for a carpool sticker to drive in that lane. If you are not a carpool or do not have a toll sticker stay out of that lane! If you want to get in or out of the lane wait for the dotted lines! Do not cross the double white lines! I can't tell you how many close calls I have had with the carpool lane moving at full speed when the other lanes back up and somone who does not want to wait pull out across the double white lines in front of me and cause me to almost wreck!!!!
    Eat it you dirty little fish!

Quote Originally Posted by orvis1
    And I bet he crossed the double white lines to do it! This is one of my big pet peeves I pay for a carpool sticker to drive in that lane.
    I hate that to. He speed up so he could CUT into the car pool lane... He had no decal and was driving alone... oh and he crossed the double line as hit me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That sucks dude, sorry to hear that. I commute 50 minutes to work, so I see a lot of this on the freeway. Some people just like to speed up to get into the grave faster I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Quote Originally Posted by orvis1
    And I bet he crossed the double white lines to do it! This is one of my big pet peeves I pay for a carpool sticker to drive in that lane.
    I hate that to. He speed up so he could CUT into the car pool lane... He had no decal and was driving alone... oh and he crossed the double line as hit me.
    I'm really happy that no one was hurt! Hopefully the guy will get a huge fine that will dissuade him from driving so erratically in the future! People can be SO stupid sometimes...especially when they're "in a hurry" or yakking on their cell phones!

Speaking of accidents: I hit a deer last night and feel really bad about it. I actually didn't even remember "that" part of my trip until reading this! Eeek...I just realized too that I never even checked my car for damage. : /

My eldest daughter and I were driving along coast highway (on a narrow two lane cliffhanger road) in dense fog when I suddenly I spotted 4 deer near the guardrail. Two babies included.

I slowed as well as I could without endangering us. My tires locked and I skidded to a stop just as one of the deer ran out in front of me. It happened so fast! I hit her, and she kind of rolled up onto the hood a bit than flew off onto the other side of the road and lay there for a second or two. Then she jumped up and bolted up the steep hillside. She didn't seem to be limping, so I think I think she might've been more stunned than damaged. I hope that's the case.

I was so thankful that no one was behind me, or that cars weren't coming along the other side of the road. It could've been really bad!

When you saw that guy (ass) coming toward you, do you think honking the horn might've helped? I've had similar situations where I saw the person barreling toward me and I've layed on the horn. It's worked more than once to alert the ass and I've avoided getting hit. One time it didn't work cuz it was little old lady who was hard of hearing.

Glad you're OK. And I'm happy too that the deer I hit seemed OK. I would've just died had she gone under the car and had my tires rolled over her.

~Randi
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Glad your OK

When you saw that guy (ass) coming toward you, do you think honking the horn might've helped?
    I dont think so, he saw i was slowing down and was a good safe distance behind me. He made the choice not to press the brakes and to press on the gas to trim a few moments off this drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Glad your OK
    As am I.

What gets me is that this guys risked dozens of lives with this careless driving and what does he get?.. a slap on the wrist... increased insurance rate... big whoop. I hope he will wise up and not drive like a jackass but I doubt it. To bad we have to wait until he kills someone.... and it could be any of you... or me....

Glad to hear you are okay.... and , btw, nice diagram.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Glad you're all right. Unbelievable what jackasses get away with, sometimes. We have a graduated licensing program here (glad they didn't when I was a kid, but that's neither here nor there) and it's amazing the number of "N" (for novice - or "n00b") drivers that pull stupid shit, and get away with it, reinforcing the "drive like an asshole to get ahead" ethic. I just keep muttering "It ain't always going to work, kid" as they go...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    btw, nice diagram.
    I like the inventive file name, particularly.

Glad it wasn't worse, for we know it could have been really disastrous.

i'm sure we all see, almost daily, jerks who weave in and out at excessive speed, only to be waiting for us at the next traffic light. Risking life and limb for no reason at all, just the habit of being totally self-centered.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    btw, nice diagram.
    I like the inventive file name, particularly.
    Thanks, I am putting that mspaint certification to good use.
    I tired to save it as asdf.jpg but that file already existed

Friggin' Ass Goblin. Good top hear your alright.

Glad you are alright. I hope the officer gave him a reckless driving ticket rather than just a lane change violation.
    Life is Good

glad you are ok.

if you aren't feeling right, see a doc, then an attorney, and sue the bastard.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Sue that asshat for all you can get out of him. Glad you're OK!
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Did the cop issue him a citation? Do you know what they wrote him up for?