Thread: More fun with the gps on the SLC Bonneville Shoreline trail

More fun with the gps on the SLC Bonneville Shoreline trail

Hey everyone,

I'm back with another gpx file. I've been having fun mapping the trails that we are riding.

Today, Kathy and I rode the SLC Bonneville Shoreline trail starting at Memory Grove. We rode up and over to Dry Gulch and then made our way back to our car. We had a lot of fun. Some of the climbing at the beginning of the trail was pretty brutal. The ride down Dry Gulch was definitely the payoff. This ride was a ton of fun.

Eddy
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I gotta go ride this again to find the other TH areas. I've only ridden Bobsled but never ridden much of the BST. If the weather holds for a few weeks then it's possible but it might have to wait til spring---

Which trailheads are you looking for on this trail? I hope the weather does dry out for you this week.

Eddy

I'm open to anything along the bench in the SL valley - thats where the familia is so I thought Id knock off a trail or two...just need a location or GPS coordinates and I can start riding... dont care where...or how technical. I havent checked utahmountainbiking.com yet - but Im sure Id find something. If you have a suggestion/favorite let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I'm open to anything along the bench in the SL valley - thats where the familia is so I thought Id knock off a trail or two...just need a location or GPS coordinates and I can start riding... dont care where...or how technical. I havent checked utahmountainbiking.com yet - but Im sure Id find something. If you have a suggestion/favorite let me know.
    I havent ridden much in the SLC valley but I would love to ride it with you, i wouldnt even mind riding the BST behind the U? Also if you want to ride and it is dark I would even do this as a night ride? I have one helmet mount light that I could let you borrow if you didnt have one here. I just want to ride!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I hope my gpx file can help you find the trailheads that you are looking for along this section of the trail. I found riding down Dry Gulch very enjoyable. We're still up for riding but won't be available this weekend. I wonder how long the weather will hold out.

Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I havent ridden much in the SLC valley but I would love to ride it with you, i wouldnt even mind riding the BST behind the U? Also if you want to ride and it is dark I would even do this as a night ride? I have one helmet mount light that I could let you borrow if you didnt have one here. I just want to ride!
    I have lighting - no problem there - PM me your # and I can contact you while Im down there! I'll be down from Wed to Sat night at least..should be able to fit a ride in

Beus Trailhead

There's not really a better start for that part of the shoreline. The climb is inevitable. That's why we usually just start at the top of the houses behind WSU and take the BST down to Rainbow Gardens and shuttle back.

I think you are referring the Ogden Shoreline trail. My wife and I like that trail also. We like to start at Rainbow Gardens and head south. We go as far as we have time for or how strong we are feeling that day.

The climb that I was referring to in this post is regarding the climb beginning in City Creek Canyon for the SLC portion of the Shoreline trail. It is a tough climb. Lots of hiking for us.

Eddy