Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The jACA-lantern

The jACA-lantern

Posted on the ACA forums, just in time for Halloween:

http://www.canyoneering.net/forums/s...ead.php?t=1821

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

dang that's awesome. I thought about doing that but I don't have enough skill to do it. I just did a throwing up pumpkin, I know it's lame.
    The man thong is wrong.

well done

saaaweeeet. I now know what I am carving for next year. Great idea!
    Life is Good

Is it standard practice for moderators of this site to edit users' posts?

Quote Originally Posted by rcwild
    Is it standard practice for moderators of this site to edit users' posts?
    Ah man, this ought to be good... Shane?

What happened to the image that was originally posted?

Was it offensive?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

The image was not originally posted here. An ACA member posted it on the ACA forums. It's pretty cool, so I posted a link to it here. Follow the link in my original message to see it.

One of the moderators of this forum grabbed the image from the ACA forum and edited my original post without giving any credit to the guy who created it or including his comments about why he created it.

Very tacky!

What a F**kin' drama queen...

The orginal post contained an error in the syntax and the link went no where.... the picture was hot linked in and not swiped. No credit was ever given in the orginal post.... no info was changed or removed from the orgianl post.... only change was a dead link was corrected.

And... same deal with Rich's spam post on ropes. That link contained an error and was also a dead link... that post was also edited so it went to the correct site.

No posts were changed... errors in links were corrected... And yes that is standard practice around here....

So..... either learn how to post links correctly or prepare to have them corrected....

Next item.... Funny how you (Rich) only bitch about fixing the error in this posts syntax and not correcting the error to your rope spam post.

And now a word of warning!!! A small amount of spam in regards to canyon related products, websites, guide services, ACA, ect, are tolorated and encouraged. Excessive amounts will not be tolorated and will be removed!!! That has been stand operating proceedure around here from day one. Those who contribute to the forum are allowed a little bigger window to operate in....

So far Rich we have enoyed having you around.

If anyone has a concern on what spam is allowed please feel free to contact a modorator. Everyone else can just use good commonsense.

Any more questions?

And I guess one other item of business while were on the topic.... if you don't want items hot-linked from your website I suggest you disable hot-linking.

Carving by Joe Furedy - hot linked from the ACA

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

The orginal post contained an error in the syntax and the link went no where.... the picture was hot linked in and not swiped. No credit was ever given in the orginal post.... no info was changed or removed from the orgianl post.... only change was a dead link was corrected.

And... same deal with Rich's spam post on ropes. That link contained an error and was also a dead link... that post was also edited so it went to the correct site.

No posts were changed... errors in links were corrected... And yes that is standard practice around here....

So..... either learn how to post links correctly or prepare to have them corrected....

Next item.... Funny how you (Rich) only bitch about fixing the error in this posts syntax and not correcting the error to your rope spam post.

And now a word of warning!!! A small amount of spam in regards to canyon related products, websites, guide services, ACA, ect, are tolorated and encouraged. Excessive amounts will not be tolorated and will be removed!!! That has been stand operating proceedure around here from day one. Those who contribute to the forum are allowed a little bigger window to operate in....

So far Rich we have enoyed having you around.

If anyone has a concern on what spam is allowed please feel free to contact a modorator. Everyone else can just use good commonsense.

Any more questions?

Interesting spin. My link was to a post on the ACA forum. When you "corrected" it, you changed the link to point to the image instead of the post. That wasn't a simple syntax fix. You had to have gone to the ACA forum, identified where the photo was, copied the URL, then came back here to edit my post.

Shane, I know you would really prefer that I not come to this forum. I've never hesitated to call you out on your lies, bogus IDs and other deceptions. Must make you uncomfortable having me here. Wouldn't your life be simpler if you just stopped lying? You wouldn't have to keep track of all the lies you've told and you wouldn't have to concoct these elaborate smoke screens.

Just a thought.

This thread is starting to sound like when my 2-yr-old and 6-yr-old fight over toys...

More drama....

Rich, If I really didn't want you here I would just ban your ass....

In truth I do like you here, you have a lot of useful information to provide when you choose to do so....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    But what would the canyoneering forum be like if there wasn't always some drama? It's certainly more fun than cautiously thumbing through the latest issue of US Weekly while waiting in line to checkout at the grocery store, hoping nobody you know recognizes you and your guilty little pleasure...

Of course, the content is almost identical. I just wish that the celebrities on here were more like the smokin' hot celebs in the tabbies. Thankfully, we can always go to the "general discussion" forum here to fill that need. Can anyone say cupcakes?

All I gotta say is...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I just wish that the celebrities on here were more like the smokin' hot celebs in the tabbies.
    What do you mean the celebrities around here are not Smokin' Hot????

I thought we had come to a mutual understanding that those images will never be posted again...

What's the matter??? Did you look at the pictures an "IT" move???

And thus concludes another successful misdirection by Ice. You are indeed a smoothie...