Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St George Invite **November 9th - 11th**

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I would love to ride any of those trails except broken mesa, you can have that one all for yourself, definitely the least enjoyable trail I have ever ridden and that was before the fire.
    Good to know. Thanks.
    Thinking back on that day, we rode broken rim in the afternoon after we drove down from salt lake very early and rode Gooseberry mesa that morning, we only had one car so we rode the 15 mile loop, it sucked!. If we had a car spot and fresh legs It probably would have been a fair ride. We can try it if you want.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I will be driving down on Friday Morning, be there by 10am or so and staying in Hurricane til Sunday.

I would love to ride any of those trails except broken mesa, you can have that one all for yourself, definitely the least enjoyable trail I have ever ridden and that was before the fire.

We (me and DJ) are in for bikes, hikes, climbs, crab, Vegas or whatever
    Where you guys going to stay? The wife might come down, but might not be able to make it so I may go solo. Just wondering where you are going to stay! I am amped up for this, looks like the weather will be nice!!
    I made a reservation at the Rodeway Inn Hurricane, It looks like we have four with Me, Ride-on, Greyhairbiker and Punchking should be a ball.

Im planning on bringing one bike...my GT - mainly cause I didnt think we were going to hit Virgin(RedBull Rampage area) but I will ride anything...no exceptions!

I will be there, there should be a couple other coming down. Sound like it's going to be a good time.

Sweet. OK, does everybody have a cell phone number from somebody in each of the parties?

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    which night are we heading to the all you can eat seafood buffet?
    Let's say Saturday. We've got a couple of people arriving late Friday night, so this will be their only chance.

COol! Are we going to be blessed with the latest version of 'ForkCam' ??This could turn out to be a big group....gotta have 'the ForkCam Experience'

I don't know what's on your schedule, but y'all have to try Little Creek Mountain. I rode it last Friday and it's a ton of fun. It's not nearly as technical as Gooseberry, at least the Big Loop wasn't, but it's unrelenting. Expect wide open, undulating slick rock intermixed with singletrack. There's a long cliff-side section and route finding challenges (just look around a bit and you'll find the track). If you're looking for something new you should check it out. A high clearance vehicle is suggested, but not required to reach the trailhead.

http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/lit-crk-save.htm
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

When you say that a high clearance vehicle is recommended, does that mean that you go your Geo stuck again? HA!

Quote Originally Posted by neilether
    When you say that a high clearance vehicle is recommended, does that mean that you go your Geo stuck again? HA!
    Nah, the Geo wouldn't have a problem getting out there. There are a lot of baseball-sized rocks to tear up your paint job and it's pretty bumpy/washboard. If you know how to drive a dirt road you can get almost anything out there, but a small pickup/sport cute will do better than the family car.

Are you going to head down with these jokers? It sounds like a good time. How can you go wrong with a seafood buffet?

Have you tried to upload your Moab pics on Jared's website? I've heard of a few people who have had trouble. I'd definitely like to see them.

I would actually love to, but I am not going to be able to go that weekend. Maybe next time.

yep, my pictures are all there now. Just as proof, here is some visual evidence of the low clearance Geo, struggling in Moab.

yep, my pictures are all there now. Just as proof, here is some visual evidence of the low clearance Geo, struggling in Moab.
    I was stuck pretty good. The 4-wheel drive just wasn't working on the Geo that day. After the ride (Sovergn Trail) I got back to the highway easy enough. I just hit the sand doing about 45 mph and made it right out. I've gotten that little car into and out of some pretty wild places.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    I was stuck pretty good. The 4-wheel drive just wasn't working on the Geo that day. After the ride (Sovergn Trail) I got back to the highway easy enough. I just hit the sand doing about 45 mph and made it right out. I've gotten that little car into and out of some pretty wild places.
    And I thought I was brave with my 2wd toyota pickup :p

I always have something else planned when you guys do these trips. I'll just go in the corner now :'(

A few spots opened up on my permit so I'll go post an invite to anyone who wants to dissent on short notice in the backpacking forum.
    Mike

Acca's gonna to be in the hood. Headin' down Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hey - I'll pm my cell # to you. Beech has mine. Fourtycal , RideOn and I will be leaving Fri AM early. let us know if/where you guys are riding Fri. We'll try to catch up

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hey - I'll pm my cell # to you. Beech has mine. Fourtycal , RideOn and I will be leaving Fri AM early. let us know if/where you guys are riding Fri. We'll try to catch up
    We'll probably roll into Hurricane around 10am.

Cool, there'll be about 12 of us on the trail.

Bring yer uutah shirts!

Beech - I have some pictures ready to post from todays rides...where do you want them posted? Make a new trip report I suppose -