Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you go in the SLC area for fun with kids?

Bogley BigShot

Where do you go in the SLC area for fun with kids?

Taking a tribe... ages 7-12 somewhere for the UEA weekend. Any ideas? They have gone to lagoon a lot, but its suppose to be different near Halloween. What else to you guys take your kids to do around there?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Where do you go in the SLC area for fun with kids?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Taking a tribe... ages 7-12 somewhere for the UEA weekend. Any ideas? They have gone to lagoon a lot, but its suppose to be different near Halloween. What else to you guys take your kids to do around there?
    Yes, Lagoon is different this time of year they have several Haunted Houses. You could also take them to the Hogle Zoo.

Ummmmmmm......how about Hooters? (Referring of course to Tracy Aviary in Liberty Park you sickos!)

Also try that Dinosaur Museum just off I-15 in Highland (in Thanksgiving Point).

Maybe Hansen Planetarium and/or that Aquarium in the Gateway as well. There has to be a scad of corn mazes around there around this time of year as well.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

The IMAX theater would be interesting. The Zoo would be good too.

Bogley BigShot

Thanks Guys!

Done the zoo many times, lagoon of course is always an option even though they have been there many times-- haunted houses right now would make it different since they have never been there in October, done all the science/education spots many times like the Planetarium and Kid's Museum... I was told that Cedar City though.. just 65 miles away has one of the top 3 haunted houses in the SW this year? Not sure if that is rumor and there is a haunted corn field right here in Mt. Carmel.

Never been to the Aquarium in the Gateway. What is that like? Where is Gateway? I LOVE Aquariums! I could live at Sea World!

Have not been to the Dino place at Thanksgiving Point yet --- looked at it often, but have not done it.

Are there anythings more like lagoon.... not arcade games, but fun games for kids?

Kid race tracks --- I don't know, but just fun kid/teen stuff? The kids seem to enjoy just about everything... climbing walls --- all kinds of stuff.

IMAX sounds fun but there is one of those in Springdale.

"Ummmmmmm......how about Hooters? (Referring of course to Tracy Aviary in Liberty Park you sickos!) "

The kids have been there during a Belly Dance Festival that was held in Liberty Park last year... I love Liberty Park though. We lived in SLC when I was 12... just a couple of blocks from the park, by an Elementary School. We had a little store and we lived upstairs. I would walk to the park and spend the day each Sunday --- ditching Sunday School.

Looking at an events calendar....

Elves at Gardner Village? --- Is that lame?

Wow! There is a concert! Oh... It's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I was hoping for a younger group.

How about fun places to eat... we usually go to the Mayan...

Somewhere different would be good, but the kids love that place. I like the scenery too.

Hi Tanya:

Just FYI The Aquarium is no longer at The Gateway. It was kind of a rip off anyway.
    There is however a fun Children's Museum. There are a million fun things for kids to do. One of the favorites is a real Life Flight Helicopter on the roof for kids to play around with.

Also at The Gateway is an IMAX Theater along with other shows at the Clark Planetarium. Just be sure to say hello to the nice Security Officers at the mall
    Let's Roll

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockguy
    Hi Tanya:

Just FYI The Aquarium is no longer at The Gateway. It was kind of a rip off anyway.
    There is however a fun Children's Museum. There are a million fun things for kids to do. One of the favorites is a real Life Flight Helicopter on the roof for kids to play around with.

Also at The Gateway is an IMAX Theater along with other shows at the Clark Planetarium. Just be sure to say hello to the nice Security Officers at the mall
    Insiders info is great! Helicopter? Maybe that is not where I have been before? I was at a kid's museum... the magnet stole my diamond out of my ring and I did not notice until I was home! What kinds of things show at the IMAX? Is it different than Springdale?

I was at a kid's museum... the magnet stole my diamond out of my ring and I did not notice until I was home!
    Hmmmmm.....a ferrous diamond......interesting.....
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I can't believe the Solomon center in Ogden hasn't been mentioned. That place looks so cool. I have not been there but I would guess you could keep kids busy for days there.
    http://www.ogdencity.com/mall.salomoncenter.html

Also you are going to pass Trafalga in Orem it is right off the freeway. It has mini golf, batting cage, slick track racing, bumper boats in warm weather.

http://www.trafalga.com/
    The man thong is wrong.

Also, "This is the place" is a great place to take the kids for some Utah history. LDS church did a great job of building this park as an informative point how Utah became and not a mormon recruitment center. I would strongly recommend you take your kids here as well. You get to try your hand at blacksmithing, pottery making, carpet making, cooking, soap making etc. It was very interesting, even for none mormons.

Bogley BigShot
    I'm not so sure about Mormon history for a vacation... they live that stuff here.

The Ogden place sounds fun.....

I like lagoon sorts of places where you pay one price and do everything. Are there other amusement places like that? We went to one last trip, but I can't remember which it was. It was okay -- I dont think it was a one pass sort of place and it was nothing that St. George does not have.

I guess I am looking for different?

The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy.... how is that one? Is that the place that is gone now?

Yeah... I thought the same thing about the ring, but the place said they get that a lot. I guess it grabs the setting too. Mine was gone by the time I got around to calling.

When the kids were younger we did lots of educational things, but the girls are 11 and 12 and they are more into funner stuff now.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I can't believe the Solomon center in Ogden hasn't been mentioned. That place looks so cool. I have not been there but I would guess you could keep kids busy for days there.
    http://www.ogdencity.com/mall.salomoncenter.html

Also you are going to pass Trafalga in Orem it is right off the freeway. It has mini golf, batting cage, slick track racing, bumper boats in warm weather.

http://www.trafalga.com/

This does look fun!

Features of the Salomon Center
    1st Floor 2nd Floor
    Fat Cats Fun Center

Arcade Games
    Bowling
    Biliards
    Mini Golf
    Bumper Cars
    Kids Zone Play Land
    Sports Shop
    Lounge

2 Restaurants

Pizza Factory
    Costa Vida

Skyventure Utah

Vertical Wind Tunnel\Skydiving-Free Fall
    Skyventure.com

Flowrider Surf Pool

Flowrider.com

Climbing Wall

Bouldering & Rope Routes
    Largest Indoor Wall in Utah Gold's Gym

Multipurpose Health Club
    Indoor Track
    Basketball
    Swimming Pool
    Shirlpool
    Steam Room
    Sauna
    Aerobics
    Spinning
    Free Weights
    Cardio
    Personal Training

Mezzanie

Indoor Running Track

The Dance Establishment

Tap, Ballet, Jazz Classes
    3 year old to Adult

Physical Therapy
    Massage Therapy

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    If you like aquariums, there is a place in Sandy called The Living Planet Aquarium located on the corner of 700 East and 10600 South. There is an exit from the I-15 @ 10600 S. I haven't been to the place, but it's the only public aquarium I am aware of in the Salt Lake area.

I saw the photo of the Mayan restaurant. Are you sure it's the kids
    who enjoy going there, or are you just a big fan of those buff cliff divers??

Never regret anything that made you smile!

Bogley BigShot
    You know me far too well

The Mayan's food BLOWS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    The Mayan's food BLOWS!!!
    I concur.

Chabadiah took his family to the aquarium and he said it was kindof a bummer because it wasn't for younger kids. Mabey you will have better luck since they are older.

Why you coming up to SLC, anything special or are you just getting away for the weekend.
    The man thong is wrong.

Bogley BigShot
    Blows? I assume that is bad.

Where is good to eat?

Hubby says he wants to get out of town for the weekend. I am just along for the ride.

Go to Hooters, eat some wings buy the kids all a t-shirt

Your kids will be the big hit at school when they wear their shirts to school...

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Go to Hooters, eat some wings buy the kids all a t-shirt

Your kids will be the big hit at school when they wear their shirts to school...

Not your best suggestion ever.

Blows? I assume that is bad.

Dirty dirty girl!

Another thing you could do that I just thought about is go up Snowbird tram, I am not sure if it's open for skiing yet or not. If not, it would be 10 bucks per person to get to the top of Wasatch front.

Also Kennecott mine is a neat attraction to see and it's within 30 mins of SLC. I bet the kids would find it amusing to see what men can do given enough time.