Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2007

Halloween 2007

Mrs. Ice and I always go to a major halloween blow out each year. This party gets bigger and better every year.... The wife and I got our costumes today.... and they are hot!

Anyone else do a big halloween bash???

Anyone else dress up????

Here are a couple pics from last year to get the party started....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Here is as dressed up as I get for Halloween. Dead Vampire dancer from the Storytelling Festival today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh Baby... you would fit in nice at our party in that costume.

Bogley BigShot
    I will be waiting for my invite in the mail.

Just got the keg filled......

Bogley BigShot
    I am really in the mood to get REALLY drunk!

Hell... I already have to pour the wife into bed at the end of this party.... You would just get me in trouble

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Hell... I already have to pour the wife into bed at the end of this party.... You would just get me in trouble

That's what I do.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'll bring the camcorder

And I will work on you drinking a good share of that keg.

We always go way over board for halloween decorations.
    Here's our yard this year.

And we're going to do a pirate themed walk through haunt at my dad's house Halloween night for the trick or treaters, complete with home made animatronics. Shane, you should bring your daughters by if you need a break from the party-ing.

That looks like fun! I haven't dressed up for a party in ages actually.

I do have a fall bonfire. We have a chimnea, our yard is on the Logan River, and I make a triple batch of Hot Spiked Cider to keep everyone warm.

Really good and tasty! Keep it warm in a crock pot.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Spi...er/Detail.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Shane, you should bring your daughters by if you need a break from the party-ing.
    Our party is Saturday Night so I might be in for the walk through. I'll see your ol man tomorrow so I'll ask him what's up.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    That's the best Halloween set-up I've seen since leaving New Orleans! I have friends who go all out every year as well, and your place would definitely rival them.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    well, Ice has let everyone know that he's not going to be home on Sat night. Anyone interested in tp'ing his house???

Never regret anything that made you smile!

Jumar your house is whack! Is it still cool to say whack? That looks like it takes alot of time to set up.

We went bowling for our annual get together this year. It was fun. I dressed as a woopie cushion. The costume looked cooler online than it really was. I thought it would be made of rubber but it was just felt. It didn't hold the round shape unless you had your arms up. It didn't even make a farting noise. My wife was Sleeping Beauty, a hot sleeping beauty! My wife is doing a murder mystery thing and I am getting a cannibal costume together for that.
    The man thong is wrong.

Yeah it gets out of hand in a hurry. We end up doing a month long display in our yard (the one I posted), then throw together the one at my dad's house every year with a different theme. If you get really bored, I have a bunch of different videos of the different animatronics and effects we're doing and have done in the past.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jumarb

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Yeah it gets out of hand in a hurry. We end up doing a month long display in our yard (the one I posted), then throw together the one at my dad's house every year with a different theme. If you get really bored, I have a bunch of different videos of the different animatronics and effects we're doing and have done in the past.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jumarb
    Jumar,
    Your set up is great. I just got a crank ghost this year and a full size talking butler. My stuff is not quite a sophisticated as your yard, but I've had a ton of nice comments on my crank ghost. What kind of motors do you use for your animatronics, and where do you get them? I'd love top set up a skeleton and tombstone like you have.

Your set up is great. I just got a crank ghost this year and a full size talking butler. My stuff is not quite a sophisticated as your yard, but I've had a ton of nice comments on my crank ghost. What kind of motors do you use for your animatronics, and where do you get them? I'd love top set up a skeleton and tombstone like you have.
    Thanks! Crank ghosts have always been one of my favorites. Most the stuff in my yard is powered by a windshield wiper motors. They are relatively cheap, easy to power and have a good amount of torque. Here's some sites with info
    http://www.scary-terry.com/wipmtr/wipmtr.htm
    http://www.my-mania.com/halloween/wipermotor.html

I threw together a "how-to" on that skeleton, but I need to refine it some. Here's what I have so far. It's not too difficult to put together.
    http://www.my-mania.com/halloween/bmleer.html

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    well, Ice has let everyone know that he's not going to be home on Sat night. Anyone interested in tp'ing his house???
    You obviously have not seen the size of my dog. Sage is over 100 pounds of rolling thunder. Those carrying TP are considered nothing but play toys by him.