Thread: Golden Eagle Rescue in Larry, Roost

Golden Eagle Rescue in Larry, Roost

So there we were, writhing our way down Larry. We kept seeing remains from a recent cow that got caught in a recent flash; legs, ribs, joints etc. So we thought what we saw next was the torso of this cow, and then it moved, actually tried to fly out of the narrows section of Larry. With a 6 foot wing span the eagle did not get too far as he crashed down canyon.
    We encountered the eagle about 1/3 the way down the upper section of Larry where it starts to narrow and drop.

The little guy (well not so little) was trying to fly out but could never get the lift he needed. This helped because he kept moving down the canyon as we did. We were happy about this because we did not want to get in an

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

cant really tell from your photo, but it looks like a red tail hawk

very similar in color to the one that Alex and i rescued out of Zero-G
    i'm convinced that birds are stupid... that's 3 this season

nice job man.

and great first post!

welcome to the board

WOW! Impressive first post!! Welcome to the forum!!

Nice job on rescuing yet another bird of prey from a narrow slot. This is the third bird of prey slot canyon rescue this year that I've heard of. It's becoming rather common.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    i'm convinced that birds are stupid... that's 3 this season
    Ain't nothin' dumber than a chicken... and hawks and eagles are closely related. Except maybe cows and sheep may be dumber. Anyway...

Nice story with a happy ending. Well done and keep posting.
    Life is Good

Rodent Killer! just kidding. That is an awesome story. Thanks for posting it.
    The man thong is wrong.

It does look like it could be an eagle, Marc, but maybe it is a juvie? Hard to tell without getting a good look at the other markings, either on his underside, his tail feathers, or his head.

Great story though, thanks for the post. BTW, how was the water level down there?

Thanks for posting....

This stuck bird of prey epidemic is really strange. Maybe the earth is getting ready to swap magnetic poles or something?

About four years ago I/we went through a faze where we were finding really a lot of rattlesnakes in the slots. I mean sometimes five or ten in each slot during each trip. Over the last two years I'm not sure if I've seen even one rattlesnake.

Great job, and thanks for telling us. You guys can be really proud of that effort.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    It does look like it could be an eagle, Marc, but maybe it is a juvie? Hard to tell without getting a good look at the other markings, either on his underside, his tail feathers, or his head.

Great story though, thanks for the post. BTW, how was the water level down there?
    The water level was about ankle deep for a 10