Thread: Imlay conditions?

Imlay conditions?

Anybody know what going on in Imlay nowadays?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We did Imlay Sept 23. The fires in the last 2 years have killed a lot of the trees in the drainages above the canyon. As a result, the roots have released a lot of sand and the canyon was extremely silted in, relative to 2 years ago. It was very full of water, with plenty of log soup. We hooked out once and did a few beached whale maneuvers. There was a nice bolt next to the simul. rap. Don't worry though, it's in great condition! Kudos to whoever placed it, excellent work!

The hike up to Angel's Landing was interesting. It seems the asphalt wasn't quite up to the park's par so they've decided to rip it all out and leave a nice sandy trail. I'm sure FDR is rolling over in his grave. Anybody have any insights as to why removing the asphalt reached the top of somebody's to do list? Normally, I'd say Idaho's outstanding Dirk Kempthorne should know better. After Larry Craig's foot tapping escapade however, I really shouldn't expect so much from another one of Idaho's finest. Besides, why not wait around until the next Great Depression? It's just a few months away and we can use another New Deal to undo all of the work done by the last New Deal.

Again, my thanks go out to the simul. rap bolter, FDR for giving us something to do during idle times, and the Sierra Club - for taking a stand against the Glen Canyon Dam and for returning the Angel's Landing trail to it's pristine beauty!

Re: Imlay conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrejcha
    Anybody know what going on in Imlay nowadays?
    A guy I work with hiked Imlay this past Sunday. They got a late start, compounded with defective drysuits made for a very cold trip! Said that the hooking was tough because the existing holes were plastered and caked with mud and sand.

Sounds fun except for carrying around 5 gallons of cold water in each leg!

Thanks fo the info.

My buddy and I were gunna head down it this past weekend, but dedcided to do something a little warmer instead.