Thread: Bluebell Knoll - TR

Bluebell Knoll - TR

I just got back from a weekend of highpointing in the southern end of the state.
    We bagged Brian Head, Andy Nelson Peak, Bluebell Knoll, Fish Lake Hightop, and Monument Peak.

Bluebell Knoll is the highpoint of Wayne County at 11,332'. It is an easy hike, just 1/2 mile from where you park with a climb of 117'.

Directions from 'High in Utah' on getting to the trailhead are
    Drive east on Utah Highway 24 from the east end of Bicknell.

After 2.5 miles, turn right/south on a paved road.

Drive 3.8 miles to a junction. A sign offers directions to Kings Ranch and Boulder Top. Take a right on the dirt road to Boulder Top.

After 3.6 miles, athe road splits. Take the left fork.

0.7 miles further, catch Forest Service Road 178.

Drive 12.8 miles to a gate, which is open to vehicles from June 16 to October 31. From here, the road climbs up onto the Aquarius Plateau.

Stay on the main road for 3.2 miles. A sign along the road designates Bluebell Knoll.

Getting there can be done in a car fairly easy. We had no problems finding our way according to these directions. The carin at the top could be troublesome to find without a gps or a detailed topo map.

Coords for parking are N38
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Finally some pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Very cool reports!

My kind of High Point.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Thanks for the TR Mtnman1830, I have added it to the Utah High Pointing Index . I haven

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum