Thread: anyone going to be out this weekend?

anyone going to be out this weekend?

Anyone doing canyons this weekend? I actually have some last minute free time starting tomorrow afternoon till Saturday night. I've done 50+ canyons, have ropes and extra gear, and try not to be too annoying. No one I've talked to can get out this weekend so far, I'm getting desperate! The weather looks too perfect to miss out on. Email me ericgodfrey@gmail.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Actually, the word I got said the weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse this weekend. Where you lookin at canyoneering.....Florida?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

It should be decent on Friday and there are possible showers for Saturday afternoon. Here is the latest from Accuweather:
    http://www.accuweather.com/forecast....&zipcode=84734

They keep changing their mind, first it was going to storm, then it was going to go north, today it says 30% chance...probably not too bad for North Wash but not as good as when I checked last.

Bogley BigShot
    I'm not sure what the weekend weather is going to be... but DANG it's nice in the Zion area today!!!

Re: anyone going to be out this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Anyone doing canyons this weekend? I actually have some last minute free time starting tomorrow afternoon till Saturday night. I've done 50+ canyons, have ropes and extra gear, and try not to be too annoying. No one I've talked to can get out this weekend so far, I'm getting desperate! The weather looks too perfect to miss out on. Email me ericgodfrey@gmail.com
    Last I looked at accuweather for Zion (Springdale) the weather looked just peachy! Fun hike to do might be "Brueck Canyon", renamed Grotto Canyon by un-named. Looks like fun but taxing and requires 2-300's! On the other hand with the cool fall temps, a "hiking" route to the top of Great White Throne has grabbed my attention right now. I know of a 5 pitch 5.7 route, but the hiking route might be really cool!? Wish I had saturday free from work, but no such luck. Oh well....get out and enjoy the weekend I hope!