Thread: Gunfire erupts at Cleveland high school

Gunfire erupts at Cleveland high school

Not again

CLEVELAND - The mayor of Cleveland says three children were taken to a hospital after a gunman opened fire Wednesday at an alternative city school.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"We have no reason to believe there's more than one suspect," Mayor Frank Jackson told reporters gathered outside the SuccessTech Academy. He also said the school had been secured, but he offered no other details.

Ronnell Jackson, 15, said he saw a shooter running down a hall at SuccessTech Academy.

"He was about to shoot me but I got out just in time," he said. "He was aiming at me I got out just in time."

Another student, Doneisha LeVert, said she heard the principal say "Code Blue" over the public address system, and the students started running. She said she hid in a closet with some of her friends.

Tammy Mundy, 38, who has a son and daughter at the school, told The Plain Dealer of Cleveland that her daughter called when the shooting started.

"She said, 'Mom they're shooting in here, kids are running out, I'm hiding in the closet,'" Mundy told the newspaper.

Then she called her 18-year-old son, Darnell Rodgers, on his cell phone, and he told her he had been shot in the arm.

"He said, 'Mom I got shot,'" Mundy told the newspaper.

The small, alternative high school is in the center of downtown across from the FBI's offices and three blocks from where the Cleveland Browns play football. The school enrolls students grades nine through 12 and emphasizes technology education.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071010/...chool_shooting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think we need to start making examples out of these assholes. I don't care why you did it you are now an example of why you don't go into a school and shoot kids. I support torture and capital punishment in this situation.

I guess that doesn't help if they are suicidal and kill themselves after. Any word on if the shooter is still alive?
    The man thong is wrong.

From KSL.COM

CLEVELAND (AP) - A gunman opened fire in a downtown high school Wednesday before killing himself, and five people were taken to a hospital, authorities said.

Mayor Frank Jackson said three young people and two adults were hurt. The extent of their injuries was not immediately known.

Police said SuccessTech Academy had been secured and that the lone suspect had fatally shot himself.

(Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

I guess my solution wont work then.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I guess my solution wont work then.
    Over thousands of years of human history, it never has.

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon
    Over thousands of years of human history, it never has.
    debatable...
    The man thong is wrong.

Alternative school? There's a few definitions to this one.

I don't know why they don't just have a "No Guns Allowed" sign hanging on the door.

Think of the lives that would be saved, if the gunman is then forced to turn around and walk away.

Signs! The answer is signs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I don't know why they don't just have a "No Guns Allowed" sign hanging on the door.

Think of the lives that would be saved, if the gunman is then forced to turn around and walk away.

Signs! The answer is signs!!!
    Ya a sign they always work, Like the sign that say Speed Limit 25, nobody ever goes over 25.