Thread: 2008 FF Scoring System

2008 FF Scoring System

I figured we should have a thread suggesting changes to next years scoring system. I think we really screwed up our 2007 Fantasy Football system, it's not very good and based almost totally on how well your QB does. The QB's are suppling 1/2 the points for most teams. If your QB has a bad day you are toast..... so with that said....

I propose we go back to the 2006 scoring system with the following exceptions:

Keep return yards in the system. I like that return yards are counted. It opens up the pool of players a little more and allows more options.

Keep the flex positions. I like the TE/WR and WR/RB flex positions. It really helps you during bye weeks.

Keep the Wavier Position. I like that the team with the worst record gets first shot at players on waivers. Helps even things out slightly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wonder if Ice would be making these proposals if Drew Brees was throwing 300 yard, 3TD games every single week like last season?

I am really mystified as to what the hell happened to Brees this season. Is he injured? Do the Saints have a different offensive coordinator? Have there been huge changes in the offensive line? Are his WRs injured? Is he undergoing a brutal divorce? Drug problems? I dunno. It's really weird. Last season he was one of the NFL's premiere QBs. This season he is a bottom-feeder.

That said, I agree that we should keep all of the other settings. I really like the flex option, and the return yardage comes up big some days -- makes it interesting. I don't mind if we revert back to the 2006 scoring system next year.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I wonder if Ice would be making these proposals if Drew Brees was throwing 300 yard, 3TD games every single week like last season?
    It would certainly make it more fun if I had a QB, but I'll get their soon enough....... Every year I've had to pick up a descent QB from free agents.

I just found it much more interesting last year when every team had 4 or 5 players who could win the match up for you. Even if I had the top QB I would not find watching one guy nearly as exciting. Last year a great defence or kicker could win for you..... not really going to happen this year. Heck, a great kicking game only gets you 15 points, even the crappy QB's get that.

We just didn't do well with our adjusting. Heck.... and INT is only -2, which a QB can make up with one 20 yard pass..... no way should a 20 yard pass be equal to an INT or fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    It would certainly make it more fun if I had a QB, but I'll get their soon enough....... Every year I've had to pick up a descent QB from free agents.

I just found it much more interesting last year when every team had 4 or 5 players who could win the match up for you. Even if I had the top QB I would not find watching one guy nearly as exciting. Last year a great defence or kicker could win for you..... not really going to happen this year. Heck, a great kicking game only gets you 15 points, even the crappy QB's get that.

We just didn't do well with our adjusting. Heck.... and INT is only -2, which a QB can make up with one 20 yard pass..... no way should a 20 yard pass be equal to an INT or fumble.

I have to agree with you...100%

Should've at least made the fumbles/INTs worth -5.

I'm not bitching to or about the commish.... it was the lemmings that requested the changes..... and its the lemmings who are responsible for the current system. The commish just inserted the system that was requested.

Or at least thats one lemmings opinion.

I'm not bitching to or about the commish.... it was the lemmings that requested the changes..... and its the lemmings who are responsible for the current system. The commish just inserted the system that was requested.

Or at least thats one lemmings opinion.

Ya, I'll echo that. I'm not bitching about the commish - not even close! I think it's good to test out a few settings to see what works and what doesn't. No sense in bitching about the current settings now -- we're all in the same boat together. I do like constructive criticism - which is what this thread is promoting I believe.

I do think we've improved -- last year we had a list of stuff we'd like to change, this year we really only have one (so far).

I copied this over here because Rock and I both liked the idea....

My vote for rules next year is that we go back to the 2006 rules with the following exceptions....

1. We keep return yards.
    2. We keep the wavier order where bottom feeders get first crack.
    3. We keep 5 bounus points for 300 yards passing and 100 yards, running/recieving/return.

Just keep the Yahoo scoring system and don't mess with it is my suggetion. Seems like every leauge that screws with the scoring something always comes out top heavy.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Seems like every leauge that screws with the scoring something always comes out top heavy.
    Now you tell us....

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Seems like every leauge that screws with the scoring something always comes out top heavy.
    Now you tell us....
    I rode the gravy train as long as I could.....

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.