Thread: Tony Grove - 10/6/2007

Tony Grove - 10/6/2007

While it was sunny, perfectly fall, and green down in the valley - I went for a hike in the snow with some friends.

This is the Naomi Peak TH which starts at 8,000 feet at Tony Grove. We didn't get to the top as we had a 12 year old dog and didn't want to make her go the entire way.

It was a most perfect day for hiking in the snow. Not muddy, not too cold and not too deep.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

With the next couple of days supposed to be in the 70's, do you think that this trail will be ridable on a mountain bike on Thursday? I am hoping to get one last ride in up there to White Pine and down Bunchgrass, but from the looks of some of your pictures, there is plenty of snow up there from Saturday's storm.

Come this week I bet it'll be a huge, muddy mess. I wouldn't ride this one because that's not good for the trail (or your bike!).

I bet something lower like Right Hand Fork would be doable. The snow didn't hit that low really. Of course the River Trail will be probably good to go. I was going to get one last hurrah in too.

Yeah, that's what the pictures were telling me. We are probably just going to do Rick's Canyon or Jardine Juniper, but were hoping (even though we knew better) that it didn't snow too much up there. I've been riding the River Trail and Green Canyon for the last week or so and they've been great. I'm sure the storm didn't hurt them too bad.

Wow! THAT much snow already in Logan Canyon! Whoah!

Nice pics! I was really bumming about Saturday's weather when I left for a house party in SLC, wishing I was getting back to Logan sooner to make up for it. Walking/hiking all over Red Butte Gardens just doesn't compare to Tony Grove after its first snowfall.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...