Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Come to Moab Oct 19th - 21st

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I really don't care if they don't want to roll them or not
    Not sure you get it..... they make YOU stand and roll the pennies.

They do not have to accept them as a form of payment. Seem's you are not the first smartass to try it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I really don't care if they don't want to roll them or not
    Not sure you get it..... they make YOU stand and roll the pennies.

They do not have to accept them as a form of payment. Seem's you are not the first smartass to try it.
    OH no, I get it. I will pay $25 in pennies to walk in, pretend to fill out a renewal form, splash pennies all over the floor, and then walk away.

I know full well that they won't receive them as payment, but I'm not gonna roll em -- they will after I walk away. Will my renewal go through? No. Will I pay 25 bucks for nothing? Yes. Is it stupid and childish? Yes. Will I feel better? Yes.

I seriously doubt that they will have a police officer there that will FORCE me to roll them. If they do, he'd better be able to outrun me...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

OH no, I get it. I will pay $25 in pennies to walk in, pretend to fill out a renewal form, splash pennies all over the floor, and then walk away.

I know full well that they won't receive them as payment, but I'm not gonna roll em -- they will after I walk away. Will my renewal go through? No. Will I pay 25 bucks for nothing? Yes. Is it stupid and childish? Yes. Will I feel better? Yes.

I seriously doubt that they will have a police officer there that will FORCE me to roll them. If they do, he'd better be able to outrun me...
    Please get this on video.
    The man thong is wrong.

After high school two of my buddies bought season passes at Brighton for like $700. They went to the bank, got $700 in $1 bills, filled up their backpack and headed to the ticket office. The lady asked my first buddy if he would pay with cash, check, or credit card. He replied "I'll be paying in ones." The lady rolled her eyes and said "someday, someone will actually do that," as he dumped the pile of cash from his backpack on to the counter. Of course she had to count every single one individually to make sure he wasn't shorting her AND my other friend, next in line, had done the same thing. $1400 in one dollar bills! Priceless

Eric.

I thought there was a law that says that legal tender cannot be refused as payment. You sure they wouldn't accept it?

Will my renewal go through? No. Will I pay 25 bucks for nothing? Yes. Is it stupid and childish? Yes. Will I feel better? Yes.
    Now it makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I thought there was a law that says that legal tender cannot be refused as payment. You sure they wouldn't accept it?
    I'm not exactly sure how its now worded..... And I'm not sure if it was just a city rule or a county rule or state rule or whatever.... I just remember watching a news clip on it a few monthes back and the guy was pissed he couldn't pay with a bag of pennies....

Something about the person recieving payment has the right to ask that it be in an orderly form..... example: they can make you roll the pennies....

I really wasn't paying that much attention to the news story to get the finer points.

I remember seeing that story, I think they did end up making him come back with a more orderly form of payment... Better watch out.

Hey Sombeech -- when are you gonna be down here? The state workers over at the Moab DMV really pissed me off, and I'm wanting to get a little even by paying my renewal fees in pennies. You down to run the camera?
    HA HA!! I'll be there with the video camera. My LCD is broken though, and I don't want to be obviously holding it up to my face, so I'll be guessing on the shot.

My advice, bring loose pennies, AND bring rolled up ones too, just in case.

Or, do what you say. Just throw the pennies on the counter, and not give a damn if they accept it or not. I'll pitch in a few bucks.

I'll see if I can borrow somebody else's video camera too, because I really want to get that shot. I really wish my helmetcam was working, I could just stand right behind you, or to the side of you.

We'll be down there Friday morning around 10? Just in time for a ride. What time do they close?

So what's the dealio? I'm planning on doin some canyoneering on Saturday. Anybody with specific canyonating plans?

So what's the dealio? I'm planning on doin some canyoneering on Saturday. Anybody with specific canyonating plans?
    I am not going to make it down now... Not sure there is anyone else who wants to canyonate. Ice and I were the only ones who expressed any interest, I believe.

So until they reschedule the game I can't make other plans.

And a little update for you football fans.... my team is currently 6-1and we have already qualified for the playoffs. We run the Single Wing with the Spinner Series. If you have never seen a good Single Wing team running Spinner you have missed poetry in motion. This is not my team but this is the exact same offense we run.

http://spinningsinglewingfootball.com/

We are really putting up big numbers. We beat Ameriacan Fork last week 50-0.

Can't fault you there Ice. Sounds like they're pretty good. Hope they make it 7-1.

If you think having a Fantasy Football team is fun you should get a real team..... I'm having a blast. I think you would be pretty good at it. Only down side is it's really time consuming.

Just a reminder to communicate those cell phone numbers if you want to meet up. Mine is in the document in my signature line.

Nevermind, we don't want anymore guys down here.

Aren't you boys married...

Bogley BigShot
    Are you all home yet? Waiting on those trip reports....

And hot tub reports.

Ahh hell we got home around 2 AM. Whiteout conditions along I-70 and parts of I-15. It was heavy, I had to use my park lights to drive. Couple inches of snow on my lawn today.

Trip reports to follow in the mtn biking section. Beech has the photos. . .