Thread: lake mead/v o f

lake mead/v o f

wandered round lake mead nra and valley of fire s.p. over the weekend. very cool. tons and tons of cool hikes to be had out there. everywhere i looked i wanted to get out n go ! many worthwhile canyoning opportunities to be had. loved the color of vof, really spectacular.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We visited V of F last spring while having new tires put on the motor home in St George. It is one of the most colorful places I've seen, simi;ar to North Coyote Buttes. Our visit was on an overcast day, looks like you had sunny skies. Thanks for sharing the pix.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

If you are going to do much hiking in Southern Nevada you might want to check out the website

Hiking Las Vegas
    http://www.hikinglasvegas.com

It has an amazing amount of great beta. Mostly for hikers. Also it has a nice collection of class 4 scrambling routes. But not much for the technical crowd, maybe a couple of easy technical routes.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    We visited V of F last spring while having new tires put on the motor home in St George. It is one of the most colorful places I've seen, simi;ar to North Coyote Buttes. Our visit was on an overcast day, looks like you had sunny skies. Thanks for sharing the pix.
    gonna have to visit n coyote buttes then. love those kaleidoscopic colors !

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe
    If you are going to do much hiking in Southern Nevada you might want to check out the website

Hiking Las Vegas
    http://www.hikinglasvegas.com

It has an amazing amount of great beta. Mostly for hikers. Also it has a nice collection of class 4 scrambling routes. But not much for the technical crowd, maybe a couple of easy technical routes.
    yeah, i've seen that one. i usually just follow sonjas suggestions. they have all the inside scoop.
    signature

nice pics of VoF. Thanks for sharing them
    I've been there in May in late afternoon and was astonished about the colorful rock formations everywhere, especilally in the Rainbow Vista area(the name totally fits )

I'll be there tomorrow!

Getting psyched...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000

I'll be there tomorrow!

Getting psyched...
    enjoy yout trip there. What kind of hikes will you do?
    White Domes Trail is wonderful with a lot of opportunities for nice pics and the trail to Ephemeral Arch is a wonderful hike.

Quote Originally Posted by americanhero
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    I'll be there tomorrow!

Getting psyched...
    enjoy yout trip there. What kind of hikes will you do?
    White Domes Trail is wonderful with a lot of opportunities for nice pics and the trail to Ephemeral Arch is a wonderful hike.
    Sadly, I won't have long. A quick look at Mouse Tanks and petroglyphs, and a little more dawdling time. Then it's off to meet up with Win for dinner!

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll see what I can do...

We go down to the VoF at least a couple of times a year. I always find something different to do and now AH has given me an arch to find.

Just North of VoF is Logandale and there are a set 4WD and ATV trails. You actually skirt into the south end of VoF.

See you later, Kevin.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com