Thread: Farmington BST Trail

Farmington BST Trail

I was out doing some driving around / house shopping in Farmington and noticed at the top of one of the streets in farmington there was a new sign for the BST trail that picks up there. Has anyone ridden this trail or hiked it? I noticed that there was also a sign for no motorized vehicles? I am going to venrture up there this week but I was wondering what the status of stickers on the trail would be since I got flats in both of my tires when I was up there last time.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There is a trail head just beyond the castle, it is the beginning of a park. Early this summer, I went on a couple of rides there. From that trailhead, you go south about 2 miles, this takes you close to the shooting range road. You can either climb that and do a mini-loop, or just head back. When I rode this in May, there was word that the trail was also going to go north, don't know where that stands.
    You need more than 24 hours in Moab!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogden Mt Biker
    There is a trail head just beyond the castle, it is the beginning of a park.
    That is in Layton, starts at Fernwood Park and is seriously overlooked by bikers. It is easy to get to off of 89 and you can get a good 1 hour ride by doing an out and back. Last time I rode it was two weeks ago and ended with the seasons best crash on a mild downhill. Dont get caught day dreaming.

You can take the trail north but it is chewed up by the ponies. It will connect with some double track that now heads into a high end neighbor hood. There are hiking trails that will take you up to the top of the range, I think it is part of the Wasatch 100.

I am very familiar with all of those trails in Layton, the great western (north of the castle) and the BST right there. I have ridden those trails for 15 years, thats not what the question was. I was talking about "farmington" BST which has a new sign (farmington BST) and is in the upper couldesac in Farmington. Not the Layton section of the BST or the Great Western or the section of the BST that continues past the gun range (south) in Kaysville.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I tried to ride what I think your talking about. If you start heading up Farmington Canyon there is a sign for the BST one way points NW and the other SE. I headed down the NW trail which goes right past Farmington Pond. I didn't make it very far before the trail was too loose to enjoy riding. Sometimes I head up Farmington Canyon and cut of on the fire road which I think part of is considered the BST.