Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what you see when you dont have a gun...

what you see when you dont have a gun...

I ran into...litteraly...about 14 head of deer right on trail and in town this morning...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

lucky i wish i could walk a block from my house and see deer
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

I thought we already had a thread started with this topic: the "Idiots with Tattoos" thread.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Bogley BigShot
    You would have killed them!?!?!?!?!?!!?

:?

Although I love good venison, I havent owned a rifle or hunted in over ten years...not a chance....I dont hunt anymore. The only shooting I do is with a camera
    ...I think deer must know that 'cause they have no fear of me

Bogley BigShot

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I havent owned a rifle or hunted in over ten years...not a chance....I dont hunt anymore.

I see things all the time when I have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I havent owned a rifle or hunted in over ten years...not a chance....I dont hunt anymore.
    I agree...LAME. You should be hunting if anything to thin the herds. Deer are second only to rabbits as the "stupidest animals on the planet." Around here, both deer and rabbits do extensive vehicular damage because of their curious penchant for stepping out in front of oncoming freeway traffic. I think we average about one roadkilled deer every other day around here. They're so stupid. I've seen how it happens: Deer stands on shoulder of road, vehicle approaches, deer waits, vehicle gets closer, deer doesn't flinch, vehicle is within striking distance, deer jumps IN FRONT of vehicle, WHAM!!

Why not run AWAY from the vehicle?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I learned while driving the motor home through Utah that deer will often try to cross in front of it AFTER they see it coming, but a blast on the air horn scares them away from it.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I agree...LAME. You should be hunting if anything to thin the herds. Deer are second only to rabbits as the "stupidest animals on the planet." Around here, both deer and rabbits do extensive vehicular damage because of their curious penchant for stepping out in front of oncoming freeway traffic. I think we average about one roadkilled deer every other day around here. They're so stupid. I've seen how it happens: Deer stands on shoulder of road, vehicle approaches, deer waits, vehicle gets closer, deer doesn't flinch, vehicle is within striking distance, deer jumps IN FRONT of vehicle, WHAM!!

It sounds like you have the worse kind gremlin.. Depressed suicide deer.

Bogley BigShot

Children are pretty stupid too. Should we kill them when they get in the road?

I am all for fighting!!! A challenge! Take on something without a gun sort of thing! Survival of the fittest! People are not so tough when you take away their weapons. Instead of killing defenseless things so and enter a tough man contest or something to get out your aggressions. I totally support fighting with someone/something bigger, stronger, tougher or at least your equal, just not an innocent and dumb animal.

I have 4 in my back field each night. I just purchased the place a month ago and the neighbor tells me I will have 20 to 50 at any one time in the winter. Don't really care to pop one though, there is a kid down the way I see with his bow every night. I am sure I will see one on his 4 wheeler one of these nights. I told him he is welcome to go thru my property if he wants to , just don't shoot one of my pack goats.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

I am all for fighting!!! A challenge! Take on something without a gun sort of thing! Survival of the fittest! People are not so tough when you take away their weapons. Instead of killing defenseless things so and enter a tough man contest or something to get out your aggressions. I totally support fighting with someone/something bigger, stronger, tougher or at least your equal, just not an innocent and dumb animal.

Hey He's my brother in-law and I'll call his anti hunting jargon lame if I want! If your attack on gun owners is just to defend Greyhair, know that he has handguns and is a pretty good shot with them

And how can you compare human children with animals? and just cuz I own guns don't mean I can't handle myself in a fight, and people are not bad people just because they own a gun, and hunting is fun and completely necessary in our modern day. Some people get it and some don't.

Oh BROTHER!! Bad comparison. Wildlife not on the same level as children. C'mon Tanya...

BTW, there is much more to hunting than just "going out and shooting at dumb defenseless animals." Many folks I know around here feed their families with the meat they get from hunting every fall. They stock their freezers full of deer and elk, and that's what they eat throughout the year. Is that bad?

Sure wild animals may be physically stronger than humans, but we are SMARTER, which is why we dominate all other life forms on this planet. In the evolutionary heirarchy, brains will always trump brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hell, if I lived in Monticello, I'd be suicidal too.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hell, if I lived in Monticello, I'd be suicidal too.

That got me laughing pretty good there...

Bogley BigShot
    [hunting is fun and completely necessary in our modern day. Some people get it and some don't.
    Fun? Okay.... getting out with the guys... driving around looking for something to shoot..... yeah ... I can see the fun I guess, but but but but..... Can't you just paint ball shoot the critters or something? Send 'Beech out with an antler hat?

There must be better ways to have fun than killing?

Why is it necessary?

What don't I get? (Granted I look at the world in a rather odd way)

Opps... hit edit instead of a new post. I am not sure what the other said... but oh well. I hate when I do that!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    I learned while driving the motor home through Utah that deer will often try to cross in front of it AFTER they see it coming, but a blast on the air horn scares them away from it.

I never knew that! Thanks Stan! There are so many deer on the roads here!

Bogley BigShot

Oh BROTHER!! Bad comparison. Wildlife not on the same level as children. C'mon Tanya...

BTW, there is much more to hunting than just "going out and shooting at dumb defenseless animals." Many folks I know around here feed their families with the meat they get from hunting every fall. They stock their freezers full of deer and elk, and that's what they eat throughout the year. Is that bad?

Sure wild animals may be physically stronger than humans, but we are SMARTER, which is why we dominate all other life forms on this planet. In the evolutionary heirarchy, brains will always trump brawn.
    I know it seems extreme, but the need to go out and shoot things seems pretty extreme too and not macho or manly to me at all.

I don't hold other animals as high as humans but still killing some defenseless animal is cruel and yes I know there are too many deer and that if we don't shoot them then disease will kill them sort of thing. I also understand the eating meat thing and feeding the family, but I doubt that is why many hunt -- perhaps I am wrong, but some men I think do it because they think they are tough when they are out killing the poor things.----- I don't think they are tough at all.

An odd way of looking at things, but its my way.