Thread: Not really hiking, but related to nonetheless!

Not really hiking, but related to nonetheless!

I have accumulated hundreds of photos over the past 12 years as a volunteer Sar Team Member at Zion National Park. I thought I'd share a few from training ans some real episodes. I can't share some of the more explicit photos, but thought some of you might have an interest in some of the training we do on a regular basis so that we may be ready for any circumstance. Here are a few.
    Attached Images Attached Images                    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great photos, Bo. Hats off to you and the other SAR team members.

Of course, in SAR, you get to do (OK, have to do) some things you'd probably never try just for fun.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Very cool. How do you keep all the ropes from tangling?
    The man thong is wrong.

Oh wow, great pics! Was that last one off angels landing? Holy crap that is high.

Thanks for doing what you guys do. I hope I never have to see you (cause that would mean I'm in trouble) but it's nice to know you're there.

Wow those are incredible Bo, thanks for sharing.

just like deathcricket said, hats off to you guys for what you do, but I hope I never have to meet you in person on the trail, unless as a hiking partner

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Great photos, Bo. Hats off to you and the other SAR team members.

Of course, in SAR, you get to do (OK, have to do) some things you'd probably never try just for fun.
    Thanks Stan! I generally enjoy all aspects of what we do...generally. Sometimes it isn't particularly glorious or fun, but then I am the one that is a volunteer and have to take the bad with the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Very cool. How do you keep all the ropes from tangling?
    Carefully! Sometimes you just have to count how many times you spin on the way down and retro that at the bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Oh wow, great pics! Was that last one off angels landing? Holy crap that is high.

Thanks for doing what you guys do. I hope I never have to see you (cause that would mean I'm in trouble) but it's nice to know you're there.
    Yeah. That was a highline we set up from the ridge going up angels landing across the saddle. It was 600' long and put the attendant out in space on the north side of the ridge. It took us about 2 hours to set up (we have become much more proficient since then).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Wow those are incredible Bo, thanks for sharing.

just like deathcricket said, hats off to you guys for what you do, but I hope I never have to meet you in person on the trail, unless as a hiking partner
    Thanks Alex! Who knows, one of these days we may get together for some hiking yet!

Very, very kewel Bo. Thanks for saving our asses. Seriously! The photos are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Very, very kewel Bo. Thanks for saving our asses. Seriously! The photos are amazing.
    Thanks! I love what I do and photos bring back memories and I'm glad that I can share them.

Bogley BigShot

Hey... that first picture is one I took.

**As he pats himself on the back**

Here is more of the story that goes with the picture for those who might be interesed.

Zion Rescue

http://climb-utah.com/Zion/zionrescue1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Hey... that first picture is one I took.

**As he pats himself on the back**

Here is more of the story that goes with the picture for those who might be interesed.

Zion Rescue

http://climb-utah.com/Zion/zionrescue1.htm

I figured that someone else had taken it! I just didn't remember who! Of course I couldn't have taken it because I was up there in the photo with Richard and Blake!

Thanks Shane

Bo, you folks just amaze me. Thanks for all you do.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Bo, you folks just amaze me. Thanks for all you do.

Win
    Dang Win! Yhis dial up service at home really makes it difficult to follow along, but thanks!

Thank you for what you do....just make sure that you come in and buy all sorts of stuff you really don't need Job security you know! Really though...we all offer in some way that which is a benefit to others.

Those pics are awsome. I have always wanted to learn how to set up ropework like that. I did my first guided repel over a pothole in echo last time we went through and my wife just laughed at me for how excited I was that it worked. That stuff is exciting.