Thread: overnight caching event

overnight caching event

I mentioned this over on the UTAG site but I know there are some here that dont follow that forum. so I am going to post it here as well. Once the date and place are set I will also announce it in the unplugged section.

In the past a few of us have talked about having an overnight caching marathon event. I have been thinking that around Halloween would be a good time to do it.

The thoughts are to center the event around caches that are specifically set up as night caches (reflector caches) and plan the loop around them. Of course we would hit some other caches along the way.

Who would be interested in such an event?

Which Friday night works best October 19, October 26, or November 2? (I would prefer somewhere close to Halloween since this will be a Geocachers Halloween of sorts.)

Where would you prefer the event be launched from?

Per Geocaching guidelines we can not hold an event that is a "group hunt" of a geocache or geocaches. So the actual event would be a send off party that would last for 30-45 minutes somewhere while we figure out logistics. Everyone would be welcome to come to and attend the send off party "event" regardless of whether or not you plan to cache through the night with us.

It might also be fun to end the night with a breakfast event. Everyone that went home and slept can come and listen to our war stories and laugh at us sleep deprived cachers who made it through the night.
    I'm not lost... I'm just GeoCaching

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not positive I'll be in town, but if I'm in Utah, I'd be really interested.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I'm not positive I'll be in town, but if I'm in Utah, I'd be really interested.
    DiscGo, Where do you live?
    I am debating about where to go. I see there are alot of night cahes up near Logan. So I am torn between a Salt Lake and Utah county loop, or heading North toward Logan.
    I'm not lost... I'm just GeoCaching