Thread: Tuesday 9/25 group ride::Bobsled

Tuesday 9/25 group ride::Bobsled

We are going to hit the bobsled again next Tuesday. We will ride the Terrace hills short loop. Meet at the park on 11th ave and Terrace Hills Drive at 5:45 or so. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/bobsled.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So far I am definitely IN. Weather permitting, which it is suppose to do, byt tomorrow night it should be rideable...DH rig and full body armor of course

great quick ride...too bad we were running out of daylight or we'd of done it again. Fourtycal took more pics than I did but until he gets to it here are a few from my camera...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    In.
    You are not broken anymore?

I'm jealous I'm missing the SLC rides now. Keep it up, don't let the summer end.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    In.
    The bad flipper! Its getting there, maybe 75%. I am still taking it pretty easy. Hurts like a bitch if I bend it too far. Whoah that sounded bad.

Did anyone jump the car?

Looks like a fun ride, I wish I could have been there. My bike was at go-ride getting some wheel work done. I had 3 rear spokes broken......

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    In.
    The bad flipper! Its getting there, maybe 75%. I am still taking it pretty easy. Hurts like a bitch if I bend it too far. Whoah that sounded bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized
    Did anyone jump the car?

Looks like a fun ride, I wish I could have been there. My bike was at go-ride getting some wheel work done. I had 3 rear spokes broken......
    Naw...I chickened out since it was my first time down there but we rode over the second one and had to play around at the ladder & jumps...& did a lame jump over the swampy area. GOTTA do it all again

A few more pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Bogley BigShot
    What a SEXY group of MEN!

When did all the stunt obstacles get put in? (the wooden stuff) I havent ridded Bobsled in a long time, those werent' there the last time I went down there. Which way did you guys get to the top? From City Creek or from Dry Creek? the University area?? Just wondering.

I wanna ride Round Mountain in Park City Sunday, if anyone is interested.
    (first time out in 2 months, since my last big crash, so it'll be cautious... where's that bike crashing emoticon??) :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Bogley BigShot

all I know is we parked at the lot near the bottom of Terrace Hills Dr. and carpooled up to the trailhead...I wasnt gonna ride THAT on the DH rig. I guess there's two was into the bobsled...we took the rough and rocky approach to the fork in the trail and bombed down the rest. My first time and now that I know where the obstacles are....what a BALL!

I wish that I could have gone with you guys. I could have showed you another entrance to the Bobsled for a longer decent. There are a couple of small cliff drops too that the RM7 could of handled easily. Next time I guess! Great pics

There are a few new stunts setup. The one that we were jumping was at the bottom of the course.

Well, I just got my bike back yesterday from Go-Ride. Spokes are all fixed and A rebuilt front fork.

I'm ready for some riding before the snow starts to fly. Hopefully it doesn't get to muddy up there from the rain storm were supposed to be getting on saturday. I'd like to hit some of the stunts at the end & maybe launch a car or two.

Ahh this trail is nice, with the leaves covering the trail.