Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New trail development - unnamed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very cool trail, looks like alot of hard work but it'll be great when it's done!

I almost forgot. The 'new' trail - the one with the bridge off the big rock - has nearly been doubled in length and has several sick ladders/bridges added...sorry, no pics yet but incredible just the same!

wyoming is just too far, where in wyoming is this? google earth it for me/

here are a few more from last nights ride. The new trail flows very well and there are many new bridges and ladders...just havent come up with a name for the trail yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

cheezy mugshot from todays ride. Had to check out the trails, and they are sweet. Hot out today but still bearable. No one else out here for miles it seemed...a few deer & lots of bunnies. Dry as a bone.

Went out Saturday morning hiking the last section of the trail, decided to try to take some video....ended up going back out on it that afternoon and taking the bike for my maiden offroad voyage and many more videos. I've posted them on YouTube so I'll only put a few on here for now.
    video from the morning hike:

some from the afternoon:

this one was actually from up near the trailhead :

Very nice ! That looks like a lot of fun. It's good to see that you don't hold any hard feelings towards the Salsa. It is the same one that cast you off its back and took you out for the season, right?

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    video from the morning hike
    Sweet, one of these days we'll get up there to ride it.

Hey, what were you filming with, and what software did you use to compress it? Looks like pretty high resolution on YouTube.

I have forgiven the Salsa...it still is a fun ride.

Ok Beech'...I am about illiterate when it comes to video. I just used my Canon PowerShot SD550 ELPH 7.1mp with video feature to take these. I don't have a clue of what I'm doing but I did figure out that in this mode the videos better be short or they will be too big to upload. I will invest in a real video setup in the spring( I can get them from my bikepart suppliers)

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I have forgiven the Salsa...it still is a fun ride.

Ok Beech'...I am about illiterate when it comes to video. I just used my Canon PowerShot SD550 ELPH 7.1mp with video feature to take these. I don't have a clue of what I'm doing but I did figure out that in this mode the videos better be short or they will be too big to upload. I will invest in a real video setup in the spring( I can get them from my bikepart suppliers)
    What price can you get for the Helmet Hero Wide? It retails at $189

Apparently the Helmet Hero is what I have available for $173

Helmet HERO wide

Up to 56 minutes of video with 2GB SD card(not included), with 512x384 resolution at 30fps
    3-megapixel sensor with built in 16MB memory
    Adjustable sound recording levels
    Automatic photo every 5 seconds mode
    PC and Mac compatible, Driver free
    Always-on mode lasts over 3 hours, powered by 2 AAA batteries (included)
    Shockproof and waterproof (to 100 feet) digital helmet camera (Digital HERO 3) that also mounts to bikes, cars, skis and more
    Works with any vented or non-vented helmet

I say apparently because my supplier has it listed as discontinued...means I can't get the 'wide' - don't even have it listed.

The Digital Hero is what I can get still:

Digital HERO 3

Up to 56 minutes of video with 2GB SD card(not included), with 512x384 resolution at 30fps
    3-megapixel sensor with built in 16MB memory
    Adjustable sound recording levels
    Automatic photo every 5 seconds mode
    PC and Mac compatible, Driver free
    Always-on mode lasts over 3 hours, powered by 2 AAA batteries (included)
    Shockproof and waterproof (to 100 feet) wrist camera that shoots digital video and photos
    Compatible with helmet HERO expansion kit
    Compatible with HERO bike mount kit when used with the Universal QR housing

It's going for $143
    I get my new catalogs in the early spring so I don't know what will be available yet.

The other camera equipment I can get:
    Twenty20 VholdR

Small, compact, wearable camcorder
    192 degree rotating lens with twin lasers for frame aligning
    Anodized aluminum case for protection
    Easy-to-hit on/off switch even with thick gloves
    Sealed rear door houses rechargable battery (included) with up to 2 hours' life and micro SD card slot (not included)
    Built-in Fine Line compression processor delivers clean lines and sharp colors
    Trail mount interface allows attachment virtually anywhere (helmet mount included)
    Video recording rate is 50 minutes per 1GB, with a resolution of 640 x 480 (480 lines) at 30fps
    -currently going for $399

VIOsport POV.1

Includes POV.1 recorder with LCD, camera head, LVDS cable, USB cable, 1GB SD card, wireless remote, POV Manager Software, Analog A/V cable, AA batteries, mount and case.
    High-quality wearable video camera records with 720 x 480 resolution at 30fps
    Single-handed operation and hands-free video capture
    Components are shock-resistant, water-resistant and dustproof for use in the most hazardous environments
    -currently $765

Helmet Hero Wide is discontinued? It was my understanding that this was recently released and replacing the less expensive option. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Helmet Hero Wide is discontinued? It was my understanding that this was recently released and replacing the less expensive option. Weird.
    That model was discontinued by my supplier. I don't think that means it was by the camera MFG. Bike part suppliers have a tendency to do that almost yearly AND I only know what I see in my catalog...like I said, I am illiterate when it comes to this stuff

I just discovered that the new Hero Wide you are referring to is coming out in the 09 catalog...it is probably available from someone(other than my supplier). My info is for the 08 - I guess I'm in the middle of the year/model change and don't have all the info I need. Nothing is discontinued...my supplier just needs a few bolts tightened in his neck I'll do better research on it and updates to follow.

check out their website:
    http://www.goprocamera.com/

Good, that makes more sense. I thought it was a brand new release, guess it is.

Thanks for the update.

Here's a short video from this mornings' ride with the helmet camera.

I tooke this at the downhill section