Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New trail development - unnamed

What are you going to name this trail?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

not sure yet..but 'chutes and ladders' was toyed with, also 'lunatic fringe' because of all the sick exposure. There is an old trail above this area called 'Gunsight Trail' and several chutes/drops come down from it so stuff like 'AK47' 'rapid fire' 'balistic line' - whatever so far. We were too busy building to think of a name

got a few more pics from todays' ride...the one guy riding the off camber stuff is Max...he is 62 years old! He is an amazing rider for his age...incredible!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

another group out on the trail...got lots of pics of this group sent to me but all in a pdf file...cant get them to work so here's one of a guy jumping.

Looks like a sweet trail, what kind of distances are you riding out there, is it a loop or what. Great job on the trail building, I would love to come and ride that, but it looks as though the cold weather is coming!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Looks like a sweet trail, what kind of distances are you riding out there, is it a loop or what. Great job on the trail building, I would love to come and ride that, but it looks as though the cold weather is coming!
    I'd love to have you come up and ride...yes the weather is gonna suck but HEY, if'n it ainta rainin or a snowin....
    and I think the trail is about 7 miles long. Another friend sent me a map he GPSed out just a few days ago and it is longer than I figured it was...I was too wrapped up in how technical it was to figure out how long it was

I will come and ride it even if I do freeze my off. I love to ride when the weather gets cold because there are no crowds, something which I would think isn't a problem up there on this trail.

No way to crowd this trail man. I just got back from riding it about 20 min ago...actually, when I have little time I ride half of it...takes about an hour that way from my house.
    Oh, and I was sent the wrong map stuff...seems its about 3-4 miles of actual trail - not 7. I figured as much but it's a damn gruelling trail though. I took my Dh rig...I just seem to keep finding more drops and jumps to hit, and the flow is getting better too. Trailbuilding is very time consuming stuff. I put up more cairns and stuff today (neverending).
    The only way you wouldnt be able to ride this trail is if it was either soaking wet or frozen and slick. Body armor wouldnt be enough to help you if you slipped over a cliffface. Cold is not a problem if its dry.
    SO, after thanksgiving when I get back up here I'll have time to get ready for an outing when you decide to come up.

Ok - I couldnt take it - I had to at least try to ride this trail. The phone takes crappy pics but they are better than nothing.

Ok - this trail has now been named
    'Lunatic Fringe'

now we have another new trail getting built - I'll get some pics when I can get out on it. Yet another awesome trail with shelf jumps, table tops, cliffs and the like

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Ok - this trail has now been named
    'Lunatic Fringe'

now we have another new trail getting built - I'll get some pics when I can get out on it. Yet another awesome trail with shelf jumps, table tops, cliffs and the like
    I like the name wade, fits it perfect! I am dying to get out and ride, SNOW GO AWAY!!!

I am SO stoked!! The 'crew' have been out again building trail, this time it's an extention of sorts of a well established trail up here called Brent N Mikes. This on is pure singletrack though with ways around the 'features'. Here are some pics to tease and to please -

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    pure singletrack though with ways around the 'features'.
    incredible!
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

you guys should copyright the sweat pants while riding a bike look...

Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    Yep, thats a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    Yep, thats a good look.
    the way you know its not me is that I only wear spandex
    Here are some from my ride this morning. This was so fun I had to ride it twice and I could'nt take pics of most of the drops - I was alone at the time and would rather ride than take pics.

We went out and worked on the trail today. The pics speak for themselves