Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New trail development - unnamed

New trail development - unnamed

a few of us up here have been looking at this area for years now and we finally got up the guts to go and build. The area is less than 15 min from my front door by bike!
    I've still got a few ladders to install and rockcairns to put up here and there but the area is literally covered with building materials - just need handtools, and guts!
    Attached Images Attached Images            

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That looks like it will be a pretty fun ride. I'll have to try it out when I'm in Wyoming sometime. See if I have the GUTS to ride it.

I'll try to get better action shots too but it's hard to do when youre so focused on the build.....and balance, keeping skin on the body, breakage, you know...stuff like that.

Is this an area open for cross-country mechanized travel? Did the land manager approve making improvements to build an actual trail?

I'm just wondering where stefan and scott paterson are on this. If it was a motorcycle trail, they'd be calling the police.

Just curious what people thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout
    Is this an area open for cross-country mechanized travel? Did the land manager approve making improvements to build an actual trail?

I'm just wondering where stefan and scott paterson are on this. If it was a motorcycle trail, they'd be calling the police.

looks cool. I rode my bike for the first time in 6 years without my kids this past weekend and I got killed. I decided I either need to step it up and get in shape or just give up. I haven't decided yet
    The man thong is wrong.

i'll go ride it next time im there.
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

Bogley BigShot
    You can name it .... Tanya Trail!

Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout

well, it's physically impossible (I think) to get a motorcycle up in where we're building, at least it wouldnt be any fun riding for a few dozen feet & then walking the bike but the area is covered with old motorcycle trails...at least above this area. It can be accessed from whats called the Gunsight trail. It will never be an officially mapped trail because of who owns the land but they told us as long as we dont know 'officially' about it they wont do anything, as is evident of the years of useage. It's also within 3 -4 miles of the shooting range...even though it's to the side of it it still falls within the NRA 'out of bounds' zone.

Got back up yesterday morning to check new developments the guys have been working on. Here are some of them...

Wow

your not a kidding that is a long way to fall if you miss. Looks like sweet trail development up there. Very nice job.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I rode this again this afternoon on my GT(I drive) and full pads again....what a BALL! The trails' still has a bunch of refining to be done but all in all it took me about 1 1/2 hrs...it's only about a 10 minute ride from the house to the trailhead like Ive said and technical right from the start. Most of it takes real balance and even some patience...move too fast and youre going down It's just screaming "RIDE ME!!"

That trail is looking great ! I may need to make the drive to Wyoming to try some of those drops.

Count me in! Can you ride this ride in the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized
    Count me in! Can you ride this ride in the winter?
    Hmmm...never tried it yet....I guess we'll see

We were out building today...I think we are a bit certifiable really 'cause this trail is gonna be SICK! Here are a few more pics...more ladders and more to come.

Ok - out again today to cut some trail...and a couple more ladders...