Thread: HOWDY

HOWDY

Hello Everyone. Another FNG here. I used to be on the DWR forums as well as a few of these other guys. I have checked out some of the posts previous to registering, and you all sound like bunch of fun loving people.
    As for who am I, I live done south here, Virgin to be exact. I like hunting, fishing, hiking, camping.. you name it, if it can be one in these great outdoors I am there. I try to head out to Zion Just about any chance I get. Maybe I will run into a few of you there.
    shoot straight, cast far, and hike all day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome CB, nice to have some gun-toting UN-haters on here. At least, I think that is Virgin, isn't it? The town that banned the UN? Might be La Verkin, I always get the two mixed up.

Those floods miss you earlier this year? Looks like some of Virgin got roughed up real nice. Hope the town is recovering well.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Welcome CB, nice to have some gun-toting UN-haters on here. At least, I think that is Virgin, isn't it? The town that banned the UN? Might be La Verkin, I always get the two mixed up.

Those floods miss you earlier this year? Looks like some of Virgin got roughed up real nice. Hope the town is recovering well.
    La Verkin is the one that voted them selves out of the UN. Virgin is the gun crazy one. We have a city ordinance that requires the head of house hold to own a firearm, unless restricted by law or beliefs.
    I live on the high ground so the flood did not hurt us. A few houses got messed up, but they knew when the built there this could happen. Most people didn't wonder if it would happen, we all wondered when.

Welcome, COUNTRYBOY. (Do I have to actually shout that, or just say it louder than the surrounding words?)
    Quote Originally Posted by COUNTRYBOY
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    La Verkin is the one that voted them selves out of the UN.
    And, apparently, out of the USA. One of my favourite signs ever - was driving by, did a double take, went back and got the photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

YA I love that sign. That old boy fought with the city for awhile about his wrecking yard. He got the final and lasting word though.

Bogley BigShot
    Welcome! Glad to see someone else from the Southern end of the state

So LaVerkin was actually voted out of the USA?

I lived in Laverkin from 1986 through 1992, sounds like it hasn't changed much.

welcome to the range...Ive been out and busy but hope you enjoy it here