Thread: around Bear Lake bike ride - Sept 21,22

around Bear Lake bike ride - Sept 21,22

Yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment...not the ride but who I am going with. I got 'volunteered' to help with the scouts for this one SO, I am just looking for anyone who's done the full loop ride around the lake. I am familiar with the Garden City area ( Camp Hunt BSA) but have just ridden about 10 miles or so there.
    Any info on this would be helpful. We will have some sort of vehicle support as well but I have the most experience of a ride like this and I know I will be the fix it guy/gear carrier/etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have ridden my motorcycle around the lake several times. Not crazy enough to ride a peddle bike. Its an easy path, just follow the road. Popular lake to ride around this time of year and very scenic. I will actually be up there that weekend. We have beach front property in Fish Haven, ID. If you all want to stop by on yer way back to Garden City you could run down to the lake and take a dip? Say hello and break bread if you want too? Its right on the main road.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    COOL! you'll have to give me your address/description or something so I can stop and say hi
    PM sent.

....the parents are always the last to find out ... ...just me ranting about our scout troop. AParrently, one of the leaders have a place up there too(dont know where yet,go figure) and we are *camping* there the night before & then heading out from there in the AM. I dont know the itinerary/stops/whatever SO I am gonna be prepared(a good eagle always is). I just want to make it around without injuries...dont really care if the littl' shits starve or not...I'll have enough grub for me & my boy...I never have to worry about him though, he is PREPARED ( a good eagle always is) ...'big breath, count one, two, three...'

Sounds like your going with a bunch of pigeons.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Sounds like your going with a bunch of pigeons.
    well, the pigeons are meeting tonight to finalize stuff...I'm already prepared to go (go figure )

Well, the ride turned out surprisingly well. No injuries or major repairs...lots of stops but that is to be expected. Sorry Scott, we didnt stop at your place partly because I didnt recognize it. We stayed 10 miles down from the north on the east side. Rode south & stopped just north of Camp Hunt at one of the leaders' relatives' cabins & then we didnt stop the rest of the ride. Took us 5 1/2 hours to ride 50.7 miles...
    Attached Images Attached Images