Thread: Vactioning

Vactioning

I am on a vacation in La Jolla, California right now. Just wanted to share of what I have been doing here. This is from a couple of hours ago. I finally caught a leopard shark by a tail These suckers are 5-7 feet long and where I was swimming there were about 30 of them with stingreys and other fish. My camera didn't take too great of pictures because it was very close to shore and it was fairly murky.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wadja do with it once you caught it??
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I let it go before it caught me with it's teeth or something

You're about 4 miles from me. Hope you're having a good time. Let me know if you need any advice on things to do.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Sure is beautiful down here. I did all the tourists things already, kayaking, snorkeling, sight seeing, sailing, boogie surfing, tide pooling, etc. We are leaving tomorrow, so today I am going to take it easy. Thanks for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Sure is beautiful down here. I did all the tourists things already, kayaking, snorkeling, sight seeing, sailing, boogie surfing, tide pooling, etc. We are leaving tomorrow, so today I am going to take it easy. Thanks for advice.
    If you are interested....a place called Island Prime has some great food, and is right on the water on Harbor Island, which is near the airport and downtown. The "C level" (or C something) is the place to sit (no reservations), because you are outside with a great view of downtown and coronado. http://www.sandiegorestaurants.com/r...98/IslandPrime Great food. World Famous and Saska's are good in Pacific Beach as well.

I can list many more places if you are interested. Sea Port Village in downtown has some good food as well. Also the Midway Aircraft carrier (downtown) is a great time as well...$15 for adults. You can also take the coronado ferry from downtown to conrado for like 6 bucks round trip.

Moo Time (on Coronado Island) is a good ice cream place to take the kids with a nice huge (clean) beach nearby and plenty of shops around.

Be sure to take a drive up to the top of Soledad mtn (the large hill behind you) for a great view of the city and ocean. OH, and if you did not already, Cabrillo National Monument (at the end of Point Loma) has great tide pooling, and great views.
    ~Jason

Nice! I did a dive at La Jolla a few years back, and dove the Yukon. Pretty fun stuff.

Diving at La Jolla is so so, I did a couple of dives and they were interesting only when the marine life was around. The sand isn't fun to dive with. Snorkeling through the rocks/vegetation is fun. Overall the La Jolla beach is fun though, especially if you are staying at La Jolla Beach and Tennis club, all the service here is awesome.

Bogley BigShot
    You are always going to the cool places Alex!

Came to late, sounds like your leaving today, but there is a really nice aquarium in that area. I think it's called "scripps aquarium". Definately worth a few hours if ya got time.

did you make it to torrey pines reserve? black's beach?

windansea is one of my favorite beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    black's beach?
    ...and WHAT would YOU be doing on Black's Beach Stefan? Admiring the scenery in their natural form (mostly old people anyways)??
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Came to late, sounds like your leaving today, but there is a really nice aquarium in that area. I think it's called "scripps aquarium". Definately worth a few hours if ya got time.
    Close...it's the "Birch Aquarium" at Scripps.
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    black's beach?
    ...and WHAT would YOU be doing on Black's Beach Stefan? Admiring the scenery in their natural form (mostly old people anyways)??
    um, one the best surf spots in socal? killer sandstone cliffs? nice beach with natural sand eroding off the cliffs (and not artificially loaded onto the beach like most beaches in socal. best place to watch the bioluminescence, since the cliffs block much of the light pollution.

i'll admit the perverse nekkid doods walking around on that beach are creepy (nekkid old folks no biggie). would have been a lot more fun in the 70's, though.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum