Thread: TR: Pacific Northwest Fest, 5 Wet Canyons

TR: Pacific Northwest Fest, 5 Wet Canyons

I finally finished these up, a few weeks after the fact. Spent a week up in the PNW, and had a great time. Lots of water....

http://canyoneeringusa.com/rave/dan0708pnw/index.htm

And one picture to whet your appetite.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very Nice Pictures

Very nice TR as always. That looks like tons of fun. Sounds a little chilly this time of year. Next time you need to take an extra camera along so the others can get some action shots of you, unless your camera shy
    The man thong is wrong.

I'll say it again.... WOW! Looks like a great time. Looks slippery too. Was it tough footing?
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by neumannbruce
    Very Nice Pictures
    Bruce is alive... How you doing man?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Very nice TR as always. That looks like tons of fun. Sounds a little chilly this time of year. Next time you need to take an extra camera along so the others can get some action shots of you, unless your camera shy
    Have you seen my mug? There's a reason I stay behind the lens...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    I'll say it again.... WOW! Looks like a great time. Looks slippery too. Was it tough footing?
    Thanks Scott. Let's hope for similar fun in Kolob, eh?

Well written and photographed. Very entertaining TRs. Well done Dan.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Looks awesome - cool to see the different canyons outside of Utah

Wow - amazing! I especially liked the one of Steven "floating" just above the surface of Denny Creek.

Gotta get out and try this stuff - especially here in my own backyard. Hey, my very first wetsuit is on its way to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Wow - amazing! I especially liked the one of Steven "floating" just above the surface of Denny Creek.

Gotta get out and try this stuff - especially here in my own backyard. Hey, my very first wetsuit is on its way to me...
    Seriously man, you are right in Vancouver, no? You gotta check out Cypress in North Vancouver. It's a classic.

I'm sure this has been answered several times already, carpey, but what are you shooting these pics with?
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000

Seriously man, you are right in Vancouver, no? You gotta check out Cypress in North Vancouver. It's a classic.
    Yes, I've heard a bit about it. I'll get there, I really will! (I'm about 45 minutes away, and always take that Caulfeild exit when I drive up toward Squamish/Whistler - Last Starbucks before the Sea to Sky Highway.)

I'm only getting a wee skinny (3/2) wetsuit for now, but I'll get something thicker eventually, for the local cold water. At least I'm assuming I'll need to do so....

Thanks for the photos & report - very enticing!

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    I'm sure this has been answered several times already, carpey, but what are you shooting these pics with?
    5D, 70-200 lens on most of 'em.

Oh man, I'm jealous. I've wanted to go do some of the canyons up there for a long time.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Re: TR: Pacific Northwest Fest, 5 Wet Canyons

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    And one picture to whet your appetite.
    Hey hey hey. Stop it right there young man. While only four letters, "whet" is a mighty fancy word, and spelled correctly to boot. I thought I was the only literate one here - what's with the high-flutin' vocal-abulatory!!

Thomas

that was good fun to read through the reports and gaze at the superb photos.

the watery action shots are enticing. pretty canyons ... the illuminated clear water against the rock in these kinda canyons often reminds me of polished cut gems. the richness of the color in your photos really brings that out. *looks like* heaven to swim in, despite its apparent frigid temps.

someday ...

Wow! those are some of the best pics I've probably ever seen. Not sure if you're a professional photographer, but you might want to think about entering these in a couple contests like they have on photo.net or such. This one was one of my favorites.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice as always Carpy

I love this one.