Thread: AMF Canyon - South Fork Deer Creek (September 2007)

AMF Canyon - South Fork Deer Creek (September 2007)

Hi all,

My daughter and I decided to do the South Fork Deer Creek loop in American Fork Canyon, and boy were we ever glad we did! It was a beautiful day!

The weather was just spectacular up there and we both had a blast!

Near the end, my daughter laughed a lot at me when she saw that somehow, my legs, socks and shoes got covered in fox tails (mother natures Velcro)! I tried to ignore the little buggers, but once they work their way into your shoes, they sort-of hurt , but no worries, I picked 'em all off and we had a ton of great memories from this ride.

We both loved it.

Here are the pics we took. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images                   
    "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves." - Sir Edmund Hillary (Summits Mt. Everest, 29,035 feet - May 29, 1953)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh man looks like a great trip, what was the elevation drop/gain?

Your daughter not wearing gloves??? Hardcore!

Looks like a cool trail. Thanks for the report and pictures.

Any signs of leaves starting to change?
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

There is a "hint" of color now on the the Ridge Trail/Deer Creek South Fork Trails.
    Are we there yet?

Yeah, we saw a few leaves on the ground. The colors in the trees are beginning to change. There's still a lot of green up there, but we did see some yellow leaves and a little bit of red beginning to appear. In another week or two, I bet it will be amazing up there.

Funny you mention my daughter not having gloves because after the trip, she said, "Wow! are my hands sore." So today, I took both her and her 10 year old sister shop'n for some bike gloves (they really liked the shop'n part!). They both ride with me from time to time, and tell me that they love the trails up there.

In fact, since we had a 3 day pass to the canyon, and today I had the day off of work, all three of us, plus their mom, went up and rode up there again!

This time we just dropped in from the Alpine Summit parking lot, and rode down to where the trail crosses the highway and climbs up toward the Tibble Fork trail. My wife was waiting in our vehicle at the highway-trail crossing, picked all three of us up and drove us to the top of the Alpine Summit parking lot again! We did that little down-hill ride twice, and the girls just loved it!

I asked my wife how long she waited at the crossing for us to appear after dropping us off at the summit, and she told me she waited about 5 to 7 minutes. So, the girls were mov'n pretty quick down that section. It was a blast!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves." - Sir Edmund Hillary (Summits Mt. Everest, 29,035 feet - May 29, 1953)

I came over BCC last night and I saw a few trees changing over.

Looks like a great ride - Ive never ridden around there but there's always a first time