Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football

Sorry, my bad. By the time Hall is a Senior, I bet he goes first or second round. He is shaping up to be the best quarterback BYU has put out IMHO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Sorry, my bad. By the time Hall is a Senior, I bet he goes first or second round. He is shaping up to be the best quarterback BYU has put out IMHO
    I might agree, but he has a definite size disadvantage to John Beck. I've stood next to both, and Hall seems much smaller, less physically built for the NFL. We'll see what happens though.

Also, Hall might be surrounded by the most talented group of wide recievers that BYU has ever seen by his senior year, so his numbers should be ridiculous. He'll have Pitta, Unga, Collie, Jacobsen, and Ashworth as a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs

Also, Hall might be surrounded by the most talented group of wide recievers that BYU has ever seen by his senior year, so his numbers should be ridiculous. He'll have Pitta, Unga, Collie, Jacobsen, and Ashworth as a senior.
    If there is anything that gets me giddy with excitement besides canyoneering, its talk like this.
    Life is Good

He is shaping up to be the best quarterback BYU has put out
    OK.... everyone on the bandwagon....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    He is shaping up to be the best quarterback BYU has put out
    OK.... everyone on the bandwagon....
    I'm a bit more skeptical. I'll let you know what I think after his junior year. Although easy game, his throwing last week was shakey in my opinion.
    Life is Good

No problem, I figured that's what you meant, but had to make sure.

I hope you're right, but I'm not ready to make a statement like that. Too early, plus I loved Beck (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Calling Dan Ransom.... any photos from CSU v. BYU game? Us Cougs are lovin' your work.
    Life is Good

Sorry man... Missed the CSU game. Was runnin' around in Moab this weekend. Did BYU win?

Wawawahat? Blaspheme!..... I was looking for on the side line but couldn't see you. I was going to point out "that fine looking young photographer" to my wife but I couldn't see you. Now I know why. You doing the TCU game on Thursday? Oh and it is at 7:00 p.m. in the night. (who won.... jeeez )
    Life is Good

Yeah, I'll be at the TCU game. Gimme a holla.

Great game tonight!

Night games always have a different feel to them and this was the most enjoyable game I've been to in a while.

He is shaping up to be the best quarterback BYU has put out IMHO
    OK, the TCU games was the first BYZoo game I have watched this year, and while Hall looks like a nice QB he has a really long way to go before even contending for best ever at BYU. My prediction is he will evenutally land in the teir under the elite former BYU QB's.

As a sophomore, Max is doing pretty darn well. I must say that TCU came to play and gave BYU a game. That was a game where no one left early. And Shane, Bronco did what I know you hate on the second to last defensive series.... prevent defense. Dang near cost us the game. I am glad they went back to pressure defense on the last defensive series. They totally rattled the QB. It wasn't BYU's best outing but it was good enough for the win. Actually the O-line played great and the 4th down stops were so much fun to watch. I was in the nose bleed section so I couldn't pick out Dan taking pictures but I am looking forward to his shots of the game. I was wishing for my harness and rope to exit the stadium quicker.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    And Shane, Bronco did what I know you hate on the second to last defensive series.... prevent defense.
    That defense should be called by it's rightful name..... The prevent you from winning defence.

I have no problem if the corners play a little soft and the safeties play a cover 2 zone.... or if the D wants to drop into a sticks defence on 4th and long... but this give up a guaranteed 15 plus yards a play stuff is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Actually the O-line played great
    That is part of my thoughts on Hall. The Y seems to have a good o-line and that can make an average QB look good and a good QB look great.

Hall was at home against a mediocre team. After the future greatest ever comment I was expecting to see more. But remember, this is the only Y game I've watched this year. He is certainly no Tim Tebow who is also a Sophomore.

Hall was at home against a mediocre team. After the future greatest ever comment I was expecting to see more. But remember, this is the only Y game I've watched this year. He is certainly no Tim Tebow who is also a Sophomore.

Hands down, the best defensive team BYU has played all year. Hall was good. Not great, but good. He isn't Tebow, but I'd say he is a better passer than Tebow, but lacks the rest of the athleticism Tim has. The O-Line is playing better, but you should've seen how bad they've played this year. They certainly haven't done much for Hall to make him look great. They almost cost Hall is life on multiple occasions with those nasty blind side hits he was taking multiple times a game.

I doubt anyone believes he will be the "best ever," but I do think he will be better than John Beck. The kid is a gamer.

Nice shots, Dan. I particularly liked the one of the TCU #14 who is laid out about a foot off the ground. Great shot.

And I agree with Dan that TCU was the best defense that the Y has faced all year. They snuffed the running game but of course Unga only had, what, 5 touches in the first half? As for Hall, he is getting better. It did look that the offense was out of sync last night at times but that may very well have been due to the defense.
    Life is Good

John Beck will be starting for the fish this weekend.

John Beck will be starting for the fish this weekend.
    Hopefully he will do better then Alex Smith did on his last game.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Hopefully he will do better then Alex Smith did on his last game.
    I think Beck is in for the same treatment as Smith.... it's hard to be great with no blocking and recievers dropping the ball....

....I guess Beck can look at the bright side.... Ricky Williams was reinstated by the NFL today