Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football

I missed both games that BYU lost, so I'm not sure what happened, but I personally don't think they will be that bad. 8-4 still is a good season in my book. I was a student during the crowton era, and any win was cause for celebration. If we get 8, and a bowl game, I'll be happy.

Air Force will be a real test, but I think the Y can take them. At home, BYU is a different team, methinks. I would like nothing less than to see BYU-Utah battling it out for the MWC championship in Provo in November. I'd be giddy for that... Oh yeah, and TCU getting beat up by UNLV. That would make me giddy too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    BYU has always been better then most at shooting themselves in the foot.....

Interesting what a differnce a week makes..... now the Utah fans are all giddy and the Breed em' young fans are all moping around.

As to your first sentence... ain't that the truth. As to your second, I'm not moping around I am just plain mad at all the yacking about discipline and then watch the players shoot themselves in the foot. No more talk till the play equals the past rhetoric. Hate to say it but Bronco is spot on by saying he got out coached by Tulsa.
    Life is Good

BYU has always been better then most at shooting themselves in the foot.....

Interesting what a differnce a week makes..... now the Utah fans are all giddy and the Breed em' young fans are all moping around.

Wow, nicely said Ice. What a difference a week makes, no doubt. Rolla-Coasta!

Hopefully the roller coaster is over and we will repeat last years record. Nice win for the Cougs against Air Force. I hope the defense is now grounded and will remain humble after Tulsa.
    Life is Good

I posted some pics, if you are interested.

www.danransom.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs

www.danransom.com/blog
    Um.... duh... of course I am interested. Great shots as usual.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card

www.danransom.com/blog
    Um.... duh... of course I am interested. Great shots as usual.
    Get lost. . .

Dan, were you at the Vegas game? If so you need to throw us cougs a photo bone.
    Life is Good

No, rough weekend for me... Was going to fly down with my friend, but every plan I had fell apart, ended up watching it at home.

I'll be at EW though. Got my new big-ace lens to try out. Should be good.

Tell me again who the cougars play this week???

American Fork JV???

Could've been worse, we could've played Utah St. this year, who is much worse the Eastern Washington...

Or I could just say U-N-L-V. Those four letters will haunt Utah for the rest of this season...

The difference is Tulsa didn't cost BYU a shot at the conference championship. UNLV, on the other hand....

BTW, pics of Eastern Washington are up... www.danransom.com/blog

Congrads on the win over the JV squad.

Congrads on the win over the JV squad.

Key words "the win". Hey even Bronco thought the timing of this game was bad. Shoulda been the first or second game of the season. Oh well, we'll get back on track in San Deigo. My only grip was that the offense did not look too good in the first half. Dropped ball after dropped ball. Blocking was crappy too. Thank goodness for Unga. Darn near won it single handedly on offense. Defense looked fine.
    Life is Good

The difference is Tulsa didn't cost BYU a shot at the conference championship. UNLV, on the other hand....

BTW, pics of Eastern Washington are up... www.danransom.com/blog
    Sweet, I love that one "coming in hot" great shot. The one of Semanoff tells the story of the receivers and backs trying to catch a ball in the first half. Thanks for sharing.
    Life is Good

Hey what do you guys think. The first 3 or 4 games I thought Max Hall was much better then John Beck ever was in his first 2 years. However, Max Hall has a stable of good running back around him. In fact I am not sure that BYU has EVER had this many good backs at one time. Is Max Hall further along than Beck at this stage or does he just have better support around him?

Definitely farther along than Beck was...

Mentally, Max is on a whole different plane. Beck was a mental head case for the longest time, simply because his coaches didn't instill confidence in him. Max, on the other hand, is a gamer. He doesn't care about making mistakes, he just wants to win, and he is very confident. He is an unconscious gun slinger... Very Favre-esque in my opinion. He might throw a few dumb picks, but if I wanted someone to lead my team, and it was between Beck and Hall, I'd take all every time. It took Beck until his senior year at TCU to develop that killer mentality.

As for running backs, BYU has some good ones right now, but let's not forget Curtis Brown so quickly. Beck had him for three years. Brown is arguably the best all around RB to ever play at the Y. (Though Unga could supplant him, if he keeps it up) And let's be honest, BYU only has one good back right now. Fui isn't full speed yet, and Tonga is playing mainly fullback.

Got agree with the big carpet meister. Beck isn't even close to the quarter back that Hall is. Right on the money when talking about confidence. Beck choked sooo many times in key moments. Hall gets it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    Got agree with the big carpet meister. Beck isn't even close to the quarter back that Hall is. Right on the money when talking about confidence. Beck choked sooo many times in key moments. Hall gets it done.
    I'd say you agreed with him and took it to a whole new level....He is further along at this point than Beck was, but Beck is a much better QB than Hall is. That's present tense you're using. You really think Hall is an early 2nd round draft pick RIGHT NOW?