Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BYU Football

BYU Football

Equal time right? Maybe it will only be a couple of us yackin' it up about the cougars..... but after game one all I have to say is SAAAAAAWEEEEEEET. The most disappointing thing about the game was the special teams and the refs who didn't seem to know what was going on with the game several times. I am not complaining about the calls but wow they seemed like they were rookies or something. They screwed up the flow of the game a bunch of times. I'm nervous about UCLA next week.
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mhhh hmm...

Aside from crappy special teams, they looked pretty solid tonight. Good sign for a first game. And how about Unga? Curtis Brown, I don't really miss you anymore. Sorry.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I am a Utah Fan, but give some love to BYU as well. I was very happy to see that they won in the manner they did. Kicking game will come along. The defense is scary good, or Arizona was scary bad. I am impressed with Max Hall - I think BYU is going to be excellent again this year.

Was that officiating crew from the Mountain West? That had to be the most poorly officiated game I watched in a long time. It seemed as there were flags on every play, and that they didn't know what the heck was going on.

The Mountain West had a pretty good weekend. Wyoming, BYU, Air Force, UNLV, and TCU with wins while Colorado State had a solid showing(should have won) against Colorado. New Mexico played a decent game at UTEP in a hostile environment. My butt is hurting from all the couch time, now it is time to get outside.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by brookiekiller
    I am a Utah Fan, but give some love to BYU as well. I was very happy to see that they won in the manner they did. Kicking game will come along. The defense is scary good, or Arizona was scary bad. I am impressed with Max Hall - I think BYU is going to be excellent again this year.

Was that officiating crew from the Mountain West? That had to be the most poorly officiated game I watched in a long time. It seemed as there were flags on every play, and that they didn't know what the heck was going on.

The Mountain West had a pretty good weekend. Wyoming, BYU, Air Force, UNLV, and TCU with wins while Colorado State had a solid showing(should have won) against Colorado. New Mexico played a decent game at UTEP in a hostile environment. My butt is hurting from all the couch time, now it is time to get outside.
    Well said..

I'm a Utah fan first.

A Utah School fan second.

A MWC fan third....

So outside of the Utes I was pretty happy with opening weekend. I would like nothing more then to see BYU beat UCLA next weekend.

I was most happy this weekend watching Wy stomp Virginia.

Very impressed with the Y this year. Go Cougars!

Too bad the Utes suck so bad this year...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Great photos Dan. I particularly liked the Unga TD photos and the photo of the controversial Unga play. Interesting perspective that photo is. Looks like Unga's knee is not down on the ground but rather it is on the thigh pad of the defender. Great shot. Just for fun, how many photos do you snap in a typical game?

As to the refs, I heard that it was a group of refs from different conferences all thrown together. If that is true, that may explain the disjointed refing. Again, I am not complaining about the refs calls or lack there of but just how they ran the game.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Great shot. Just for fun, how many photos do you snap in a typical game?
    It depends. This game, I took less than 300. Mainly because I only had one camera, and it is SLOW for sports. In an intense game, with two cameras, both at 8.5 fps, I could easily shoot 1000.

Had to sell my tickets to the AZ game since we were down in St. George. My dad planned a hike through the Narrows a LONG time ago so I couldn't back out. Caught most of the 4th quarter once we got home though. I honestly thought I'd turn it on to see us losing. Could be a sign of good things to come.

Go Cougs

Today's game vs. UCLA was depressing and encouraging all at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by QuenteK25
    Today's game vs. UCLA was depressing and encouraging all at the same time
    Yes indeed. What I hated was the presumption in favor of the home team. Come on. One out of four calls has to go the way of a visitor. I am usually not one to gripe but to only have Pac 10 officials is presumptively unfair. No wonder rumor is that many teams won't play pac 10 teams. Oh well, we have Max Hall and NOT Ben Olsen.
    Life is Good

Actually, if anyone is counting. Ben Olsen is currently the 3rd Best Mormon starting QB in college football. Nate Longshore, Max Hall, Ben Olsen the guy was waay overhyped.

Yeah, I'm loving Max Hall so far. He's gotten off to a much better start than I would have ever expected.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Ben Olsen is currently the 3rd Best Mormon starting QB in college football.

BYU fans are soooooo lucky Olsen went to UCLA

so are Utah fans!! After all those INT's

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Actually, if anyone is counting. Ben Olsen is currently the 3rd Best Mormon starting QB in college football. Nate Longshore, Max Hall, Ben Olsen the guy was waay overhyped.
    I really liked that quote
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I think the Cougs coulda beat the Golden Showers if they wouldn't have had 138 yards of penalties stacked up against them.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

BYU has always been better then most at shooting themselves in the foot.....

Interesting what a differnce a week makes..... now the Utah fans are all giddy and the Breed em' young fans are all moping around.