100 W Center St
    Midvale, UT

Famous Dave's Barbeque
    1166 East Fort Union Boulevard
    Midvale, UT

Q4U
    3951 West 5400 South
    Kearns, UT

Joe Morley's would probably get all my business but for one small problem. They do not have beer on the menu. And BBQ without beer is just plain wrong....

Famous Dave's has the best BBQ sauce around, even better is they have 5 different ones to pick from right at the table.

We usually split our time about equal between Famous Dave's and Joe Morley's. I also like Q4U but they are out in Kearn's so we only hit them occasionally when out on the west side.

Anyone else have some favorites I should try out?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pat's on West Temple and 21st ish is great when it is good and OK when they are off. Really popular and they have beer and live music on Fridays.

Kaisers on 3rd West and about 950 South is pretty much take out only but it is hands down the best in town. Pork ribs are awesomrific!

Morleys beans are great, Q4U can do beef ribs better then most.

I have heard that there is a good joint in Ogden but have never tracked it down. There is a cart by the Federal Building that has some Brisket and Links and is cheap and plenty good. Makes a nice change from the worlds greatest Taco Carts.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I had a friend take me to Q4U and he introduced me to the owner - Tommy T (or just plain T) before they moved to the new location. I haven't been anywhere else in the city that serves a lot of southern style side dishes like this place does - collard greens, sweet potatoes and black eyed peas. Real BBQ.

For a quick bite, more like a sandwich etc., Sugarhouse BBQ on State St (around 25th South I think) is really good. Try the roasted garlic potatoes, but don't breathe on anyone later.

Goodwood is good, too. Excellent brisket and other unique things. Homemade potato salad.

Now I'm hungry.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Famous Dave's Barbeque
    1166 East Fort Union Boulevard
    Midvale, UT
    Also in Layton, on Antelope drive just east of I-5
    See you on the Trail

Harely and Buck's Grill(ie the old country store) in Eden, UT. Best BBQ Ive had since Ive left Texas. Its all about the mom and pop shops with me.

Just came back from Famous Dave's, the brisket was very yum, but the ribs were so so :? Kinda dry and too chewy.

Yeah, Dave's has good days and bad days. Good Blues music though.

When we do famous Dave's we always get the All-American serverd in the garbage can lid. That way you get a little of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    When we do famous Dave's we always get the All-American serverd in the garbage can lid. That way you get a little of everything.
    You have to be an American to get that dish, I asked for it and they refused to serve me Told me to get ribs and stuff

Have you been to Goodwood Ice? Its in yer neck of the woods and let me tell ya, its awesome! Excellent baby back ribs, brisket and pulled pork. Their sides are great too. I go their for lunch meetings all the time. Famous Dave's is good, but they don't do baby back.

http://www.goodwoodbbq.com/

I thought that for sure someone would have mentioned Pats Barbeque in South Salt lake. Everything is good there.

I've never eaten Barbecue in Utah. Too bad I learn about all these good places after I left. Also, can you believe I drove all the way through Texas without stopping for Barbecue?
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Smokehouse BBQ & Pizza is good. There are three locations. The original in Orem at 200 East University Pkwy, the second in Provo at University Ave & Center St (just to the north of Los Hermanos), and the third and newest in Spanish Fork on US-6 & 1000 North, next to the Spanish 8 Cinemas.

I have yet to have a bad experience with either their BBQ or Pizza.

http://the-smokehouse.com
    Damn you, vile woman, you've impeded my work since the day I escaped your wretched womb.

Texas Roadhouse by the Southtown mall. Definitely my favorite on in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Have you been to Goodwood Ice?
    I went to Goodwoods once.... probably never go back. I thought it was average BBQ at top dollar.

It was just my opinion.... but I think there are better places for the money. I also didn't really like their BBQ sauce so that makes a big difference.

Q4U was voted one of the top 10 BBQ joints in the country a few years ago. I haven't been there in a long time, but I remember it being very good.

There used to be a place on State Street and 1300 South called The Southern Plantation that made awesome ribs, chicken, and black eyed peas. They also had the best damn peach cobbler I've ever tasted. They're not there anymore, but I've heard rumors they've opened somewhere else, but it's not as good as it was. I'll have to track them down sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Have you been to Goodwood Ice?
    I went to Goodwoods once.... probably never go back. I thought it was average BBQ at top dollar.

It was just my opinion.... but I think there are better places for the money. I also didn't really like their BBQ sauce so that makes a big difference.

That's all I know of in Utah County! I thought I was getting the best, ignorance is bliss I guess.
    The man thong is wrong.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Q4U was voted one of the top 10 BBQ joints in the country a few years ago. I haven't been there in a long time, but I remember it being very good.

There used to be a place on State Street and 1300 South called The Southern Plantation that made awesome ribs, chicken, and black eyed peas. They also had the best damn peach cobbler I've ever tasted. They're not there anymore, but I've heard rumors they've opened somewhere else, but it's not as good as it was. I'll have to track them down sometime.
    That reminds me of a place (not sure if it's there anymore - they were supposed to relocate) called Mama's Plantation over by Franklin Field. Real southern type food including thin fried catfish and *sweet* tea. They had bbq, but I didn't try it. Too many other things to choose from on the menu. If you like Southern cooking, you would love this place.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Quote Originally Posted by kris247

That reminds me of a place (not sure if it's there anymore - they were supposed to relocate) called Mama's Plantation over by Franklin Field. Real southern type food including thin fried catfish and *sweet* tea. They had bbq, but I didn't try it. Too many other things to choose from on the menu. If you like Southern cooking, you would love this place.
    Utahs best BBQ could be your backyard Savannah...whatever happened to THAT one?!

I'd take Tony Roma over Goodwood any day. Similar experience with much better food.

Famous Dave's caters our company picnic every year - I'd say mediocre at best.

Joe Morley's is good, but not great.

My favorite local BBQ is Rib City in AF. It's clean, has very good food & service, and is very reasonably priced!