Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utah Football

Utah Football

I hate to see what happened tonight to the U. Johnson and Asiata both seriously injured. Yuck. Hope they both come back soon. Granted, I'm a big BYU fan, but you just hate to see that, especially to Asiata.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

#1 RB and #1 QB out....

....It could be a long year for the Utes.

I think Grady will be able to handle QB just fine, but Utah will have to adjust its O to handle his limited moblity and cannon arm.

As for RB.... the Utes had no running game last year and will not have one this year. If you can't run the ball you are in big trouble.

And a little side note.... the Utes are 15-11 since Whit was given to keys.

Mark this day, and quote me on this:

This year will be worse than last year, and I can't see the Utes even in the top three at the end of the season. This is gonna be a "do or die" season for Whit. I predict he dies. A dismal 07-08 season on top of an already mediocre 15-11 record should send him out the door.

-"The Sports Prognosticator"
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

And now begins the debate. Bad luck, crappy players, bad coach or all of the above? I like Whittingham but Utah out bid the Y. What Utah needs is to play BYU next week. For what ever reason, the U seems to play out of their heads against the Y. If the U beats the Y Whits job is secure as I see it. As to last night, man, that is a bad deal. I hate to see players injured who have given so much to be able to play. I also like to have the full team against my team so that when we win there are no excuses either way, unless of course the refs screw us.....
    Life is Good

All of the above, but as is the case with all crappy seasons, the coach will be the whipping boy in the end.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I've always maintained that good luck is when preparation meets opportunity..... so if you believe that the reverse must also be true,

And I'm Not a Whit fan.... The guy doesn't play to win, he plays not to loose.... big difference. I mean WTF... he has one of the best kickers in the country and instead of attempting a field goal from the Beavers 35 he punts.

Jumping up 10-0 might have taken the wind out of the Beavers game.

And when your team sucks one of two things usually happens.... you fire the QB or the coach. Not always their fault, but that is who usually gets nailed.

This is where we find out what kind of coach Ludwig is. I hope that he can get Grady a game plan for the next couple of games. I don't have any faith in him or his creativity as an OC. I think the Utes are in a heap of trouble unless they can find a running game to help Grady out. It is still to early to be blaming coaches - let's see how they handle the current situation. If I have to hear an analogy about soldiers or guns, I may shoot myself.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

I agree about Ludwig.... after Urban's run and gun Ludwig is pretty stale.

As a new Utah resident and one not very familiar with the Utes program, I'll throw in my two cents instead as a big college football fan. IMO they are going to be in serious trouble with Grady as the QB. Sure, the guy has a strong arm, but that's about it. No accuracy, no poise, and no toughness. I watched last night when Grady took off on a scramble and just before he was about to get hit, he cowered and braced for the impact. While losing the starting RB was a big blow, it seemed like the team was able to do ok with Johnson at QB. With Grady, it could be a long season for the Utes.

I agree Grady has an arm, but thats it. Dood prolly cant spell touchdown. . .nothing upstairs. Were screwed!!!

I think Grady will do just fine after they install a game plan geared to him. Don't forget, coming out of HS Grady was one of the most recruited players in the country.

Getting tossed into the Beavers game was a tough spot. No running game and behind in points.... the beavers knew they had to pass and were not honoring the run.

Problem with Grady is he has very little game experiance the last 5 years. Get him some experiance and all the reps in practice and he'll do fine..... if Utah can put together sometype of running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I think Grady will do just fine after they install a game plan geared to him.
    Disagree. Time will tell.

I'm looking for 4 tickets to the Utah vs Air Force game on Saturday. So if any of you folks jumping off the band wagon want to sell your tickets just let me know.

I'm looking for 4 tickets to the Utah vs Air Force game on Saturday. So if any of you folks jumping off the band wagon want to sell your tickets just let me know.

You're willing to pay to watch that? I'd say watching paint dry would be more fun, but even Sherwin-Williams isn't worthy of that kind of insult...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I think Grady will do just fine after they install a game plan geared to him.
    Disagree. Time will tell.
    I second that. It's going to be a long and painful season. I hate to say this but the Urban days are long gone and Utah is creeping back into mediocrity. Let's hope this is just a natural phase and things will all work its way out this season. Thank heavens I have the Cougs to fall back on.

So who's going to coach the Utes next year?
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    Jerry Moore

Jerry Moore
    I like that idea.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

Jerry Moore
    I'd go for that! It's pretty amazing he's still at ASU. With his accolades I'm sure he's gotten offers from the big boys.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

Actually I'd like to see Dan Mullen (Florida OC) come back to Utah.

Mark this day on your calendars....

I will not pay to attend anther Utah football game so long as Ludwig is calling the game... that guy is a dumbass when it comes to calling a game.

Utah has talent, and actually has a descent O. But the play calling sucks. Wrong play at wrong time.

If Whit doesn't dump Ludwig soon they will both be looking for work in the near future.

Think I'll cheer for the Gators and Hawaii the rest of this year.