Thread: Wakesurfing - finally! (video)

Wakesurfing - finally! (video)

So we finally got a chance to try out the surfboard. I must admit, I was stunned at how difficult wakesurfing was.

Mark took me and Chase out on his newly purchased Malibu, and we all messed around on the board for probably 2 hours trying to figure it out. We just couldn't quite let go of the rope.

Then we ran into Pat Tanner. He was surfing with the same board behind his boat, so we caught up to him and asked his advice. He hopped in and showed us.

This first clip is just a shorty. I'll post a longer version later. I wanted to show just a bit for now, and also check out the rope handle NAILING me, right on the money.

If you'd like to DOWNLOAD a higher resolution copy, RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS HERE (16 MB, 1:13long, 640 X 480 resolution)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Are you coming to work tomorrow???

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Are you coming to work tomorrow???
    Most of the sting has gone down.....

Here's Mark's boat we took out last night:

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8477

Looks awesome man.... my friend used to have a Malibu, loved it to death, then he got divorced

Yea you SUCK!! I would have been there, but some of us have to work overtime. . Maybe next time and I will show you how the surfing is done. I am jealous.

So when we gonna head out again Mark?

Here's the long version of the video:

If you'd like to DOWNLOAD a higher resolution copy, RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS HERE (86 MB, 6:10 long, 640 X 480 resolution)

Not sure. soon I hope. Got to get out while the weather is still good.

Thats awesome "Just", look to me like you got up pretty good, do you think a bigger wake would help to stay up with out the rope?
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    Thats awesome "Just", look to me like you got up pretty good, do you think a bigger wake would help to stay up with out the rope?
    It's all technique. Pat was teaching us, and he said he did it when he weighed 210 before. It's all in pumping the board.

It's definitely not as easy as I thought. I was thinking the wave would just take me, and I could sit back and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    It's all technique. Pat was teaching us, and he said he did it when he weighed 210 before. It's all in pumping the board.

It's definitely not as easy as I thought. I was thinking the wave would just take me, and I could sit back and relax.
    now you just need to get that board out on some real surf action...bigger waves dude!

YouTube video link fixed.