Thread: This week's uutah ride?

This week's uutah ride?

Sorry boyz n girlz. I guess since Scott's wrist is broken, he's probably not in the mood to ride, let alone type up a ride request.

Me on the other hand? It's my boy's 1st birthday tomorrow, so I'm out. I just realized nobody's put up any options for the ride this week, so I thought I'd chime in.

I've been hearing a lot about the Bobsled lately, but, it's up to you folks. Sorry to miss you this week.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sorry for the late notice. So far it is Me, ride-on, punchking and greyhair biker headed to crest/mill-d. We will meet at the mill-d trailhead at 5:30 for a carpool up to the crest. We will need to push it a little to beat the fading light.

Meet us there! http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/mill-d-n.htm

looks like I am heading down for the ride....last minute I know, but I'll be there. I'll meet ya all at millD - isnt that the meeting of the glaciers parking area? Anyway you slice it I'll be easy to spot in my 88 Dodge Ram 150 LE - two tone tan/gold with 'greyhair biker repair' signs on the doors

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    looks like I am heading down for the ride....last minute I know, but I'll be there.
    If anyone is interested, I am going to be riding Squaw Peak tomorrow around 5:30. My plan of attack is the drive up/ride down method. If anyone wants to go, lemme know.

It was an excellent ride! We had Greyhair biker down from Wyoming, ride-on, punchking and Dom from Utahmountainbiking.com. I pedalled puke hill for the first time this year The weather and company was perfect!

a few pics from the trail
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Awesome ride - espescially the downhill! I dont know what it is but we seem to attract the moose...a cow and calf just off trail and then a bull just down trail...missed that one, I was going too fast ...this is greyhair biker...using fourtycals puter...

Booyah. . .lots o flats! I bet the weather was perfect.

Two flats and a broken wheel mount on my front fork! but we made it in great time anyway. Fun stuff!

Where were the spine pictures ? There had to be some great shots of fourty cal and Greyhair biker shredding it. Wish I could have been there with you guys.

...funny thing is I dont remember anyone actually clearing the whole spine without stopping...at least no one wrecked and everyone we rode with ended up riding it out. I really like the spine but I wish I had the DH rig to go over it

...and I did take pics but with my reg 35mm cause my digital is in for warranty work SO when I get em developed Ill scan & put em up here

you lucky dawgs.

I've still gotta get down there on a saturday and do wasatch-millcreek. My saturdays lately have involved some kind of lake though.

Bogley BigShot
    ...funny thing is I dont remember anyone actually clearing the whole spine without stopping...at least no one wrecked and everyone we rode with ended up riding it out. I really like the spine but I wish I had the DH rig to go over it

Not even YOU!!!!! I am so disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    you lucky dawgs.

I've still gotta get down there on a saturday and do wasatch-millcreek. My saturdays lately have involved some kind of lake though.
    Jared and I are planning on doing the pipeline on Monday morning if you want to join us. My wife would drop us off at the upper pipeline and just pure downhill from there

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

Not even YOU!!!!! I am so disappointed!
    really, I about went over the bars....but with catlike reflexes I was able to stop I took the wrong line...a little too high, and stopped right in the middle but huffed it up a little higher and took off again...had to catch up with fourtycal I wish someone could film us insanely flying down the millD trail though...THAT one is incredible! logs & roots & rocks across the trail all the way down...just lean back and let go of the brakes...good thing I remembered body armor cause I hit alot of branches and things all the way down!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Jared and I are planning on doing the pipeline on Monday morning if you want to join us. My wife would drop us off at the upper pipeline and just pure downhill from there

mmmm.... Shuttle......

Bogley BigShot
    That body armor of yours is important stuff!.... almost as important and those massages you get.

Bogley BigShot
    I bet the masseuse cannot either.