Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: List Your Boycotts

List Your Boycotts

List your current personal boycotts and why.

Here's mine:

Tom Cruise: I just can't take him serious as a man in any movie since his little jump on the couch I'm in love thing.

SUWA: Any company having anything to do with this group. SUWA has done far more damage to Utah wilderness then they will ever do good.

Wal-Mart: Because I don't agree with their cheap labor practices.

Brighton Bank: Because their branch manager is a total dumbass on so many levels.

MLB Baseball: What a boring steroid fueled sport.

I'm sure I'll think of some more later......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: List Your Boycotts

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    MLB Baseball: What a boring steroid fueled sport.
    Totally agree!!

Here's some of mine:

Country Music: Because I'm not an uncultured hick.

Cigarettes/Alcohol/Drugs: Because I like NOT having cancer.

Golf: Borrrrrrring!!!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

McDonald's. If you're still eating there you're not paying attention.

SUWA: Any company having anything to do with this group. SUWA has done far more damage to Utah wilderness then they will ever do good.
    But will you keep company with those who associate with SUWA? I'm just worried I won't be able to take your money in Fantasy Football if that's the case...

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I'm just worried I won't be able to take your money in Fantasy Football if that's the case...
    Dream on there Little Merry Sunshine..... I think I'll take your cash and buy a USA-ALL membership.

The rest of the money I'll spend on a hooker who lets me write SUWA Sucks on her ass with a Sharpie.

Phillips 66. I heard they are the only ones who would supply oil to japan during WW2. Never actually checked on that one. I only get gas from Chevron or the like anyway.

Whenever I get cut off or someone drives like an idiot in a company vehicle I boycott them. I have forgotten all of them so far.

Fuddruckers in Orem. The manager is an a-hole.

Baskin Robbins in Orem. They called my wife a thief even though she paid and showed them the reciept.

Alot of restaurants because of thier crappy service.
    The man thong is wrong.

-Tobacco (this one was so obvious all along, but is certainly reinforced by my wife's first husband, a life-long smoker, dying of lung cancer at 43)
    -Meat, Dairy and Eggs (Vegetarian since 1989, Vegan since 1994, and feeling great!)
    -The War (duh)

Let me think some more on it. There have to be more. -R

#1 on my sh!tlist: every Ford service department I've ever dealt with. Long story short, the retards at Legacy Auto Group in Orem told me the engine was blown in my truck (7.3L Powerstroke), but after getting a second opinion at an independent diesel shop here in Price, it turned out to be a glow plug that had backed out of the hole. Legacy wanted me to spend between $4,000 and $6,000 on an engine, just to fix a $20 part.

Any actor, musician, or celebrity that uses the recognition that they have gained from their diverse fan base to push a political agenda.
    Subaru's and Volkswagens, enough said.
    Polaris, for not backing up the faulty cranks in their 2002-2005 800cc snowmobiles.
    Any fast food establishment, for not having enough low carb friendly choices (excep. Carls Jr. but it still tastes like crap.)
    France, Idiots!
    Aeropostale, American Eagle, and any other clothing mfg. that won't make a 2xl shirt.
    College book stores, obvious.
    And many more I don't have time to type.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    #1 on my sh!tlist: every Ford service department I've ever dealt with. Long story short, the retards at Legacy Auto Group in Orem told me the engine was blown in my truck (7.3L Powerstroke), but after getting a second opinion at an independent diesel shop here in Price, it turned out to be a glow plug that had backed out of the hole. Legacy wanted me to spend between $4,000 and $6,000 on an engine, just to fix a $20 part.
    Crandall up in Park City's been ok but your right about the rest, worthless!
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    France, Idiots!

I shall also add France to my list.....

And Toyota.... not because they make crappy cars.... but because every moron on the road drives one. And I'm not saying all Toyota drivers are morons, but nearly every dumbass driving move I have seen in the past year was compliments of someone driving a Toyota....

Don't believe me? Next time you see a driver do something really dumb check out what they are driving and report back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Whenever I get cut off or someone drives like an idiot in a company vehicle I boycott them.
    If somebody with a "For Sale" sign and a phone number cuts me off, I will call them up and tell them to meet me at a very remote place, then pull a no show. I'll call them again, and if I get the feeling they won't show, I'll tell them why I really called.

They can never take a buyer's call seriously again.

As far as boycotts go, I can't think of many. I'm a pretty easy going guy most of the time. I try not to get too emotional about stuff.

When it comes to my wallet, emotions come second. Unless of course, a company screwed me financially, then it makes sense for me to stop doing business there.

When I start making a little more money, I'll have the luxury of boycotting people because they made fun of my hair.

Oh wait, I have one.... Spandex.

every dumbass driving move I have seen in the past year was compliments of someone driving a Toyota....

Don't believe me? Next time you see a driver do something really dumb check out what they are driving and report back to me.
    This just in: An idiot took a wrong turn yesterday and almost got stuck in a dry wash. Driver: RockGremlin Car: Toyota Prius. Proof positive, Ice.

But then again, I don't think Prius' are for pussies anymore, because he drove that thing with reckless abandon, and it took what the gremlin was dishing. Plus, Rock could kick my ass in a real world fight.

Oh yeah: Valley Fair Mall. I worked in that hell hole for about six years, and I refuse to ever go back. The worst part was they would play Christmas music until February, and leave the Christmas decorations up until Easter. Man, I hate that place.

I want to boycott the Apple Store because all of the employees, and most of the customers, are hipster a**holes, and the Genius Bar is worthless. But, I always seem to end up there whenever I'm at the Gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    Aeropostale, American Eagle, and any other clothing mfg. that won't make a 2xl shirt.
    Why would want to shop those stores, anyway? The type of people who wear those clothes are almost uniformly d-bags. You're definitely not a d-bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    When I start making a little more money, I'll have the luxury of boycotting people because they made fun of my hair.
    We're gonna miss you around here. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    I want to boycott the Apple Store because all of the employees, and most of the customers, are hipster a**holes, and the Genius Bar is worthless.
    Is there REALLY such a thing as the Genius Bar?

Why is it that Mac minded people believe they are geniuses? I helped a teacher today print a document. He/She said "At home, all I have to do is hit 'Apple P', and it prints. I'm not sure what I'm doing here."

I said, "see that print icon right there? (we were in a Word document)"
    He/She said "yes, what do I do with that?"

Sometimes I feel bad for talking about them, I'd never want them to log on and see what I've been saying about them. I'd probably lose my job. But then again, they'd get lost at the Home Page Slideshow.

I'll add one to Ice's list. Slideshow.

Subway - they made my sandwiches then the clerk refused to let me pay with a $20 since as he said "they won't take break bills $20 or larger" I left my $16 of sandwiches on the counter and went down the street to Quiznos.

Best Buy - When in college I got a best buy card (stupid I know) and the bill would arrive, I kid you not, every month 5-6 days before it was due. Drove me crazy.

Steam - the in game copywrite verifier on half-life. I bought a $60 game then mistyped the authorization code and spent the next three months trying to get the freaking game to work. Now I catagorically refuse to buy anything connected to Steam.

SUWA - Dirt bikes rule.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm boycotting the lame stereotyping of music....

Rap or Hip Hop Music - I'm not a gangster
    R & B - I'm not an overly horny pansy
    Pop - I'm not a teen girl
    Rock - I'm not a drugged out loser
    Latin - I'm not an illegal immigrant
    Jazz - I'm not gay
    Classic - I'm not a senior citizen

Need I continue?

Quote Originally Posted by QuenteK25
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm boycotting the lame stereotyping of music....

Rap or Hip Hop Music - I'm not a gangster
    R & B - I'm not an overly horny pansy
    Pop - I'm not a teen girl
    Rock - I'm not a drugged out loser
    Latin - I'm not an illegal immigrant
    Jazz - I'm not gay
    Classic - I'm not a senior citizen

Need I continue?

Sounds like somebody is a die hard country fan!!!

You know, I think this entire thread is deliciously ironic. Every Fall during Fantasy Football, Shane comes out and voices his utter disdain for whiners and complainers.....and then he posts up a thread like this.....

.....check and mate....
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Walmart-I hate to walk a half mile from the parking lot just to just to buy some item made in china or sri lanka. Their killing manufacturing in the US.

Block Buster video. They made promises of free movies and failed to address problems when I had justified problems with their service. I won't even consider their new movies by mail....Netflix rules.

Billy's Burger Bar in Jackson Hole. They took 45 minutes to get me a hamburger and fries, and even that required me to raise my voice and make an ass of myself in front of a bunch of strangers and really embarass my wife.